Thread: Have one new Apex Unit, want to add 2nd tank

New User

Have one new Apex Unit, want to add 2nd tank

I just bought the latest full APEX unit for my tank... EB8 with four probes, etc.

I want and EB8 and four probes on a second tank that is located right next to the first tank.

I don't want to use any old style modules....

So, it seems like I just need to buy another full APEX controller with probes and EB8.

Then ask... Is there a way to connect the two APEX units so that I can see data from both tanks in one display?

P.S. why is typing in this window so painful...it keeps missing keystrokes.......

Frequent Visitor
    No, you cannot connect the Apex's together or have them showing as one Fusion dashboard. The only way you could run 2 tanks and have 1 Fusion display is buy 1 full Apex setup and then an additional EB (if required) and PM1 module plus probes to get PH (or ORP) and Temp, a PM2 with conductivity probe to get salinity

Moved on...
    Why not just buy a EB8 and hook it to the brain that you already have and save some money. You dont have to have a brain for each tank it will run multiply tanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock View Post
    Why not just buy a EB8 and hook it to the brain that you already have and save some money. You dont have to have a brain for each tank it will run multiply tanks.
    Then how do I get the four probes in the second tank??

Moved on...
    You have to get Pm1 module for for PH, temp, and ozone. Then get pm2 module for salinity and a extra temp probe. And you can run other things through these modules as well.

Moved on...
    just get you a aquabus cable to run from the EB8 to the apex brain. they have them up to 30FT. I think you will like that better then getting a whole other unit. I am going to do that with my other tank as well. I was going to get a Apex JR. for my other tank and a Neptune Tech person told me about doing it this way and I was sold. just saving some money right now.

New User
    just get you a aquabus cable to run from the EB8 to the apex brain. they have them up to 30FT. I think you will like that better then getting a whole other unit. I am going to do that with my other tank as well. I was going to get a Apex JR. for my other tank and a Neptune Tech person told me about doing it this way and I was sold. just saving some money right now.
    Oh.. maybe that's it......

Buy a PM1 and PM2....buy second EB8.... plug PM1 and PM2 into new EB8 running new tank..... Use two Aquabus ports on EB8 to plug in PM1 and PM2...

Then... run AquaBus cable from new 2nd EB8 to Apex Brain I already have....

This would work?

P.S. Again, Is there something weird with this input form?? While I type in here, it misses like 1 out of every 3 keystrokes. Looks like it might have something to do with spell check lagging? Anybody else see this ?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Just so everyone knows, you can get AquaBus cables in lengths of 25', 50', 75', 100', and 125' here: https://www.usbfirewire.com/parts/rr-apex-xx.html

Quote Originally Posted by LX200 View Post
    Oh.. maybe that's it......

Buy a PM1 and PM2....buy second EB8.... plug PM1 and PM2 into new EB8 running new tank..... Use two Aquabus ports on EB8 to plug in PM1 and PM2...

Then... run AquaBus cable from new 2nd EB8 to Apex Brain I already have....

This would work?

P.S. Again, Is there something weird with this input form?? While I type in here, it misses like 1 out of every 3 keystrokes. Looks like it might have something to do with spell check lagging? Anybody else see this ?
    That can definately work and is cheaper than a whole extra brain.

If you have the 2016 unit, you may want a EB832 instead so you have individual amps/watts monitoring and also have 1 link ports available if you ever need them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    This is the best method, I've been running two tanks for almost 2 years like this. Just one word of caution make sure naming each outlet id DIFFERENT IE: skimmer1, skimmer2,etc.. because the Apex is so smart you can have one tank reacting to the others commands/programming.