Thread: CaRx Circulation Pump issue

Frequent Visitor

CaRx Circulation Pump issue

All,

My circulation pump for my Geo618 reactor keeps cycling on and off every 5 seconds, when in Auto Mode.

Pump Type = Sicce Syncra

-This just started today. Only changes today made, were adding defer statements to my Fusion Email Notifications.

- When slider is moved to ON, the pump works continuously.

My programming of the outlet is attached. I guess I can just leave it on ON, but would rather not.

Frequent Visitor
    Well. I ended up checking the LDK sensor, even though visibly there was no water and it looked like that was the issue.

But it was not wet underneath, but did notice some corrosion.

Is this normal wear on the sensors? Tanks only 8 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Makers Marc View Post
    Well. I ended up checking the LDK sensor, even though visibly there was no water and it looked like that was the issue.

But it was not wet underneath, but did notice some corrosion.

Is this normal wear on the sensors? Tanks only 8 months old.

Though it is in fact normal to see that much, you dont want to let it get that corroded. From what I have seen, those who clean off the corrosion every few months can have their sensors last many years. Those who don't clean them often need to replace them after a year or two. A single drop of oil helps as well to keep them in good shape.

Placing a paper towel under it will prevent false positives on certain materials (concrete and laminate is notorious for false positives).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Duly noted. I did not think it was necessary to wipe it down, guessing with alcohol?

Also, does this corrosion mean I am likely to get a false trigger?

On another subforum here today, I just posted about email notifications coming non stop saying OFF. I added defer/min statements as you recommended and they stopped.

When I came home an hr later, my return pump and carx pump were both clicking on and off which couldve been tragic.

Frequent Visitor
    Duly noted. I did not think it was necessary to wipe it down, guessing with alcohol?

Also, does this corrosion mean I am likely to get a false trigger?

On another subforum here today, I just posted about email notifications coming non stop saying OFF. I added defer/min statements as you recommended and they stopped.

When I came home an hr later, my return pump and carx pump were both clicking on and off which couldve been tragic.
    Forgot to add,

These emails were triggering my LDK sensor evidently. But moisture was so slight I guess, it never triggered a detailed explanation.

Is this too much corrosion to continue using?

Forgot to add,

These emails were triggering my LDK sensor evidently. But moisture was so slight I guess, it never triggered a detailed explanation.

Is this too much corrosion to continue using?
    It should still be functional now and be back to normal after a light cleaning with contact cleaner and 000 steel wool. Corrosion typically has the issue of it not closing when it should rather than closing when it shouldn't. That usually means the material it's on isn't playing nice and a paper towel usually fixes that

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It should still be functional now and be back to normal after a light cleaning with contact cleaner and 000 steel wool. Corrosion typically has the issue of it not closing when it should rather than closing when it shouldn't. That usually means the material it's on isn't playing nice and a paper towel usually fixes that

Zombie,

Thanks for your replies. I am glad you mentioned that, since it actually has been sitting on paper towel like this for 8 months now.

I put paper towel over the wood and spread it along the whole span of the 180g back, just in case leaks dripped one way only and skipped the sensor.

Has it ever been fully wet with saltwater, ie in water that was deep enough to get on the upper side of the circuit board? You can remove the screws and inspect the top side of the circuit board, and if needed, clean it well with warm water to remove any salt residue.

FWIW, that sensor is not in bad shape. I have two I’ve had in use for many years that look far worse and still work perfectly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Has it ever been fully wet with saltwater, ie in water that was deep enough to get on the upper side of the circuit board? You can remove the screws and inspect the top side of the circuit board, and if needed, clean it well with warm water to remove any salt residue.

FWIW, that sensor is not in bad shape. I have two I’ve had in use for many years that look far worse and still work perfectly.
    Never has been, other than if some splashed on top as I was testing them periodically. But never submerged.

What is a home DIY substitute for contact cleaner?

Glad to hear you've seen worse that work. It just scares me how this sensor triggers alot of crap turning off. And if its cycling on and off when im gone, could be bad.

Never has been, other than if some splashed on top as I was testing them periodically. But never submerged.

What is a home DIY substitute for contact cleaner?

Glad to hear you've seen worse that work. It just scares me how this sensor triggers alot of crap turning off. And if its cycling on and off when im gone, could be bad.
    It's best to have some on hand cause it's useful for cars and guns too, but coke can work in a pinch.