Thread: Connecting Radions to WXM

New User

Connecting Radions to WXM

I think I've exhausted all of my search options so I hope someone can help me out.

I have the following:
    2x 30G4
    5x 30G4 Pro

All were working fine on the wxm. I had to replace one of the Pros. When I tried connecting it the wxm wouldn't pick it up (it just stayed on, full power). Then I reset the wxm, but now only the new Pro is recognized. The wxm doesn't see the other 6 at all. Update: it has picked up 2 radions now.

I've reset the wxm, I've reset the apex, I've updated my wxm RF, I've updated the software. I think the software is current: Rev 1.15, RF Rev 1.2.
    I'm not what to do now.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    This happened to me once. I ended up removing each of the Radions from the WXM, then unplugged the power from each light. One at a time, plug in the Radion power, go into the WXM settings, check the Attach Radions checkbox, then click the icon at the top to update the Apex. Wait for the light to be recognized, then repeat the process for the next light.

New User
    Thanks, I tried this out but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll keep trying.

New User
    Now the rations won’t stay on when they are turned on manually. I manually turn on one and all 5 of the lights not recognized by the wxm turn on. Then they turn off one by one. So I don’t have any light at all. I need this fixed.

New User
    Outcome: I had to restore factory settings through ESL. I have all the lights working now but one of the G4P is registering as a G4 and one of the G4 is registering as a G4P. I'll need to figure that one out later.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeintoronto View Post
    Outcome: I had to restore factory settings through ESL. I have all the lights working now but one of the G4P is registering as a G4 and one of the G4 is registering as a G4P. I'll need to figure that one out later.
    In Fusion go to the G4Pro that is showing up as a G4 and without changing any programming, just click the Save to Apex cloud icon in the Radion output and then leave the page and come back to it to see if now it shows all 8 channels
    Jon

New User
    Hi, Jon,
    No this didn't work.

Frequent Contributor
    Send a screen shot of your output page for all the radion lights and what is the name of the radion output that is not showing up as a G4 pro from Apex Local not Fusion.
    Jon

New User
    radions.png
    I don't know if this worked. Frag_L is a G4 Pro. 75_L is a G4.

NSI Member
    Over the last 3 days, I ran into this problem multiple times and what worked for me was to remove all the Radions and MP's from the outlet page (Had to refresh and remove them multiple times) Be sure to copy and paste the light program of each light so that you can simply populate the code once it's all running. Factory reset each individual radion with ESL (While you're connected to ESL it wouldn't hurt to ensure that you're running the most up to date software especially "Frag_L"), factory reset each MP. And from the module page go to the WXM and attach all the radions, they all have to attach, if you get a straggler then it will most likely not show up as pro and you'll have to do it all over again....

Hopefully that works for you. It's a lot of work but after it's done you shouldn't have to deal with it again.