Thread: deleting virtual outlets in classic without a display

Banned

deleting virtual outlets in classic without a display

As tittle states i do not have a display and have the apex classic. I would like to delete some variable (virtual) outlets. How do I do this?

Note: in the outputs screen, I do not see an icon that looks like an outlet with cloud so I don't think my apex classic is a 2016 model.

Use the Classic Dashboard, go to Configuration->Module setup. There’s a delete outlets section.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Use the Classic Dashboard, go to Configuration->Module setup. There’s a delete outlets section.
    I did see this last night when I checked however... the virtual outlets that i am looking to delete is not on the list that shows up here. I looked again and the outlets that i am trying to delete were created for the variable ports if that makes any difference?

Variable outputs are not virtual outputs. They cannot be deleted.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Banned
    Variable outputs are not virtual outputs. They cannot be deleted.
    Thanks, I am guessing that what you meant to say is "Variable outputs are not virtual OUTLETS"...yes?
    in that case where do they normally live in fusion? do they remain in the lock tray until they are used?

Have a follow up if you don't mind:
    I would also like to delete some "switches" that i see somehow were created and left in the tray. How would I go about doing this?

unsure if they are called switches but they are named pm2_2 and swx6_2 ect. Can i delete these? or do they have to stay in the tray as well?

I see them in the classic dashboard under "probes" but do not see a delete there for these.

The terms outputs and outlets are often used interchangeably but “output” is the proper term in Apex lingo. “Virtual” is just one type of many different types of outputs. Strictly speaking, an “outlet” is just one type of output, and means the socket in an EnergyBar. If you look at the Outputs List in APEX Fusion, you’ll see some of the different types listed - alarm, variable, outlet, etc.

You cannot delete switch inputs either. They are part of the hardware. Just put any unused Dashboard tiles into the unused tiles area if you are not using them and don’t want them appearing on the Dashboard.

Delete outlets or a unused item

The terms outputs and outlets are often used interchangeably but “output” is the proper term in Apex lingo. “Virtual” is just one type of many different types of outputs. Strictly speaking, an “outlet” is just one type of output, and means the socket in an EnergyBar. If you look at the Outputs List in APEX Fusion, you’ll see some of the different types listed - alarm, variable, outlet, etc.

You cannot delete switch inputs either. They are part of the hardware. Just put any unused Dashboard tiles into the unused tiles area if you are not using them and don’t want them appearing on the Dashboard.

I had to remove a Vortechs driver. I added the new one but now I need to delete the one that isn’t there. I went to outlets and it doesn’t show a delete function ( even though it has a option

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bescher View Post
    I had to remove a Vortechs driver. I added the new one but now I need to delete the one that isn’t there. I went to outlets and it doesn’t show a delete function ( even though it has a option

Thanks
    See the second post. Use the Modules setup page for this.

See the second post. Use the Modules setup page for this.
    Russ I would love to but I don’t see where, the delete line doesn’t show up, either if I’m on my iPad or if I go to a computer and use Firefox

Are you using the Classic Dashboard, or Fusion? You can't do it in Fusion if you have an Apex Classic model, which your profile says you have.

Are you using the Classic Dashboard, or Fusion? You can't do it in Fusion if you have an Apex Classic model, which your profile says you have.
    No I have the 16 version ( I just updated my profile

Go to the outputs list and click the gear then click show delete column

Go to the outputs list and click the gear then click show delete column

I do that, have done it. I have a vario6 listed which hasn’t been on the system for months.
    It’s listed as a variable. If I click on it. It takes me to the item as if I need to modify it.

Over and over again oh it is on a variable outlet

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bescher View Post
    I do that, have done it. I have a vario6 listed which hasn’t been on the system for months.
    It’s listed as a variable. If I click on it. It takes me to the item as if I need to modify it.

Over and over again oh it is on a variable outlet
    Only virtual outputs can be deleted. If the Vario6 is listed as a variable output, then it’s a physical output that exists on the Apex or a VDM module, and it exists whether something is plugged in or not, just like EnergyBar outputs.

Click the gear icon for that output on your dashboard to get to its configuration screen, then look at the Location to see what device it’s from. Just rename it so it no longer references the Vario6.

Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    Only virtual outputs can be deleted. If the Vario6 is listed as a variable output, then it’s a physical output that exists on the Apex or a VDM module, and it exists whether something is plugged in or not, just like EnergyBar outputs.

Click the gear icon for that output on your dashboard to get to its configuration screen, then look at the Location to see what device it’s from. Just rename it so it no longer references the Vario6.
    Ok Thanks