Thread: Adding second Apex

New User

Adding second Apex

I currently have a full apex running my tank. I just added an Apex-el. I've gone through all the steps to add it to the network and the light is orange. When I get to the part where I connect to apex.local I can't see the apex-el. I only see the first apex. I know I'm missing something really obvious and with my recent bad luck programming the first apex, I thought I should ask now before stressing for the rest of the day trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Change the hostname of the first Apex to something other than “apex”, then restart it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I ended up with the first Apex on fusion and the second one on local. I tried configuring the second one but it disconnected partway through and I couldn’t get it back. I tried a total reset of the new one but now I can’t get it to connect to wifi again. I get to the “Waiting for this Apex to connect.” screen then it times out and tells me to make sure my SSID and password are correct. The light on the new one is orange though, but if it’s connected, I don’t know which IP address to find it under. http://apex.local doesn’t seem to work. It times out and tells me it’s unable to contact the server. I’m assuming this is the new Apex and just hasn’t connected.

this shouldn’t be so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeintoronto View Post
    I ended up with the first Apex on fusion and the second one on local. I tried configuring the second one but it disconnected partway through and I couldn’t get it back. I tried a total reset of the new one but now I can’t get it to connect to wifi again. I get to the “Waiting for this Apex to connect.” screen then it times out and tells me to make sure my SSID and password are correct. The light on the new one is orange though, but if it’s connected, I don’t know which IP address to find it under. http://apex.local doesn’t seem to work. It times out and tells me it’s unable to contact the server. I’m assuming this is the new Apex and just hasn’t connected.

this shouldn’t be so difficult.
    Did you change the hostname of the first apex as Russ suggested?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Yes, it’s the first thing I did.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeintoronto View Post
    Yes, it’s the first thing I did.
    You aren't using an android correct? If you are, hostname isn't supported so you have to type in the actual ip address, which you can find using an app called peafinder.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I'm using windows. I also tried on iOS. To access my first apex I do it via the ip address (e.g. 192.168.0.xx) because apex.local doesn't seem to work for it. For the new apex, I type in 172.16.0.1 to access it but that's where it sticks. If it has a 192.168.xx.xx address I don't know what it is.

I can do another full reset when I get home and try it all over again, even though that hasn't seemed to work before.

New User
    Resetting didn’t work. I get to the same spot:
    Light goes orange
    Apex local says SSID and password don’t match

I don’t know what to do with it anymore.

New User
    Neptune support was able to help me. I just needed to find my ip address and there is a tool for that on the website. I've linked to fusion and everything is good.

Thanks