Thread: Is there an API that exposes APEX data

New User

Is there an API that exposes APEX data

Hi

I am a new APEX owner and a programmer/electronics hacker. Is there a way for me to access my systems data so that I can create custom electronics that respond to my tanks status? For instance if my feeder is activated a green light goes on. Is the data available?

I understand that there is an I/O breakout box for external switches. If there is not a way to access the Neptune API online then can the breakout box be used to send high and low signals to something like an Arduino or Raspberry Pi?

I am sure that there must be existing discussions about this but I could not find them. Any links or hints on what I should Google would be helpful.

Thanks

The I/O port and breakout-box is only for connection of dry-contact switches. It cannot be used to interface with an external microprocessor.

There is no public API, however the Apex does provide several forms of data in XML format which can be pulled via http by an external system.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Apex does provide several forms of data in XML format which can be pulled via http by an external system.
    Thanks so much. That will work perfect.