Thread: Updating web pages to match firmware - New Apex

Regular Vistor

Updating web pages to match firmware - New Apex

One of my older Apex Neptune controllers failed and I bought the new Apex. I have installed it and all the peripherals. I am not ready to program it all up, and would like to get the basics completed directly into the APEX by IP Address and Port - the old school way with the old classic interface.

I can access the controller no problem, however the display incorrect and I get a nice message that says the Firmware version (5.04_7A18) does not match the web pages and I need to update the webpages.

All my other tanks are operating the "old" Apex controllers with 4.53L_AB17. I know how to flash these as there is a new release.

Appreciate any ideas.

You should not be using the Classic Dashboard - you should be using APEX Local, the newer Apex user interface that looks & feels like APEX Fusion. The use of the remnants of the Classic Dashboard which are present in the newer Apex models is not supported and are meant to be used by only by Neptune tech support.

When you access the new Apex using a web browser, you should use only the IP address or hostname:

http://192.168.1.50/
    http://apex.local/
    http://apex/

Replace 'apex' with the actual hostname of the new Apex if you have changed its hostname, for example, to '120gReef' Do not specify any additional path in the URL. This should result in APEX Local loading, not the old Classic Dashboard.

If you mistakenly used the Apex (Classic) Flash Utility to upload Classic web pages to the new Apex, contact Neptune tech support
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Hey Russ

Thanks so much. I tried it a first with the iterations you proposed with no luck. Cleared my browsing history and first try - no problem at all.

Many thanks.

Mike