Thread: why isn't freshwater prime included?

New User

why isn't freshwater prime included?

I am a freshwater user and I bought these lights specifically to use them with the apex. I sent AI a email asking if they where planning to add support. They told me it was neptune not them. So I emailed neptune and they told me it is not supported. Why no love for the freshwater community? The apex el is perfect for the freshwater aquarist. They seem to not want their business.

Aquaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker den View Post
    I am a freshwater user and I bought these lights specifically to use them with the apex. I sent AI a email asking if they where planning to add support. They told me it was neptune not them. So I emailed neptune and they told me it is not supported. Why no love for the freshwater community? The apex el is perfect for the freshwater aquarist. They seem to not want their business.
    Yes it is a sad fact that APEX works wonderfully for Freshwater Aquariums with the exception of support for Freshwater Lighting. In their defense, they have made it perfectly clear since the beginning that they are focused on the Salt Water Aquarists, but one can hope that someday, they might broaden their focus. Maybe, someday?

Agreed that the ApexEL is also an excellent tool for fresh, “lightwater” tanks! Maybe a rename/repackaging as “ApexFW”, and some clever marketing toward the OCD planted-tank crowd would result in a nice, new area of growth for the company. Don’t forget “ApexHP” for the hydroponics guys and gals.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualProof View Post
    Agreed that the ApexEL is also an excellent tool for fresh, “lightwater” tanks! Maybe a rename/repackaging as “ApexFW”, and some clever marketing toward the OCD planted-tank crowd would result in a nice, new area of growth for the company. Don’t forget “ApexHP” for the hydroponics guys and gals.
    Seriously missing the boat on a nice market here. They should totally add support for the FW prime. I was about to buy one for my refugium, assuming it would be supported. Glad I waited. I think I'll go with the Prime HD for the fuge and just make the spectrum more white.