Thread: Lost connection to all 4 Hydra 26HDs

New User

Lost connection to all 4 Hydra 26HDs

After over a month of flawless operation, all my lights are staying on at their last setting and will no longer respond to anything I do in the Apex. How do you get Apex to reconnect?

I noticed one of the AI Hydra showed 0% even though the light is on the other 3 showed TBL instead of the percentage which I know is incorrect.

Under the module options the one that shows the 0% shows connected whereas the other 3 show disconnected. But this Hydra will not respond. (On, Off, settings...).

I have tried the following:
    1. Shutdown power to all lights several times - results: they are on my network and show correctly using the AI Hydra app. (I am not using the AI app to control the lights).
    2. Reset AI Hydra one at a time, to factory settings and reconnect to my WiFi.
    3. Tried adding again using the IOTA but it never sees them again.
    4. I deleted one of the attached AI Hydras from the modules section but when I try to add it, I get the “No IOTA modules available” message. This AI Hydra can’t get it to connect to Apex.
    5. I tried resetting all to factory settings and they all work fine using the AI app. I reset again so it is not under the AI app control but nothing.

Here’s my hardware and firmware specs:

Netgear Orbi RBR50 mesh network latest firmware of 2.2.1.210 which is supported.
    Four AI Hydra 26HD with firmware version 2.4.0
    Apex version 5.04 7A18 hard wired using Ethernet and WiFi disabled

Any ideas on how to regain control? It appears to be an Apex issue since all 4 Hydras work fine using the app. No WiFi issues with any of my home devices. This problem has occurred numerous times.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Luis

New User
    E4E100FD-BB81-4736-84B4-DDD37EEF3A8A.jpg
    Solved!

Found the setting for the IGMP Proxing on the Netgear Orbi router. It’s defaulted to disabled. I enabled it and the Hydras reappeared under the IOTA modules. I was able to re-add them. I’m not sure though why I was able to add them initially with this setting disabled. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Luis

Thanks for reporting back. I have the same router running the same firmware, with IGMP proxying disabled, and had no initial problems either with finding and attaching my parent Hydra 26HD back when the beta started. And I can still see the other 2 'child' lights listed as available for IOTA. Odd. I guess file this for something to try if I encounter problems in the future.