Thread: Can we get a 'Just set it to X%' option please

New User

Unhappy Can we get a 'Just set it to X%' option please

My tank uses a Beananimal overflow configuration (weir on top with a siphon drain to the sump below, with redundant drains as backup) and there is really only a single COR pump speed that will work at any given time. Any faster and the pump returns water faster than it drains and it starts sucking air, any slower and the overflow drains too fast and runs dry, breaking the siphon.

The required speed depends on how constricted the overflow valve is set, so there isn't one set speed that will always work. The IQ-Level Adjustment approach doesn't apply because the minimum and the maximum will always be the same speed and it can be difficult to set them to the same value using the sliders when they overlap each other (especially when my fingers are wet). I don't use a "feed mode" because I just have a FOWLR tank and don't need to target feed.

It would be nice if there was an simple, "Set the pump speed to X% now and don't change it" option. Being able to use the buttons on the control box the way it's done when setting the IQ-Level min/max speeds would be a bonus.

I'm sure there's some magical way I can program it to automatically adjust the drain and return speeds to keep them perfectly in balance forever, and I hope someday to get there, but for now I'd just like to be able to set a single speed with no fuss.

You can do that already.

Set 90

Would set it to 90%

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I was actually hoping to be able to do it through the GUI without editing the programming interface. I know I'm asking for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by no_carrier View Post
    I was actually hoping to be able to do it through the GUI without editing the programming interface. I know I'm asking for a lot.
    Don't be scared of the advanced programming page. It's incredibly powerful and I taught both my girlfriend and my 60 year old neighbor to use it and neither of them are good with computers. Just change ON with your percent you want. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

New User
    OK, so I've done a basic "set 40" in the advanced section, and it appears to have applied since the Home page shows the COR at 40%, but when I go into the initial settings page of the COR it doesn't show that value anywhere. The schedule, which I don't use, has a single point at 34% and I don't know if that means it will revert back to 34% at some point. The IQ section shows Min Speed: 42% Max Speed: 43%. If I then go further into Configuration and then Advanced, the Program is completely blank. I'm going back to asking for a simple "Your COR is running at X%. Set new speed to Y%" page instead of all these useless settings that may or may not actually be in use because they are incredibly confusing for something that's supposed to be so powerful.

OK, so I've done a basic "set 40" in the advanced section, and it appears to have applied since the Home page shows the COR at 40%, but when I go into the initial settings page of the COR it doesn't show that value anywhere. The schedule, which I don't use, has a single point at 34% and I don't know if that means it will revert back to 34% at some point. The IQ section shows Min Speed: 42% Max Speed: 43%. If I then go further into Configuration and then Advanced, the Program is completely blank. I'm going back to asking for a simple "Your COR is running at X%. Set new speed to Y%" page instead of all these useless settings that may or may not actually be in use because they are incredibly confusing for something that's supposed to be so powerful.
    All percentages are in reference to IQ levels. If you set IQ to min 42 and max 43, then 1% will be 42% and 100% will be 43% even though the display shows 1% or 100%. IQ should be set such that the min is your desired intensity for feeding (usually is 1% for most) and the max intensity should be the intensity you want the pump to normally run at (some people go a little higher so they can increase with percentage as the lines get gunked up).

New User
    So that's why there was no appreciable difference in pump speed when I manually set it from 33% to 40%. I don't use feeding mode because anything less than 42% breaks my overflow drain siphon, but I'll definitely have to raise the Max setting to accommodate the line-gunk factor.

Any idea why the advanced programming page loses its setting? I guess it decided that "set 40" isn't advanced enough.

So that's why there was no appreciable difference in pump speed when I manually set it from 33% to 40%. I don't use feeding mode because anything less than 42% breaks my overflow drain siphon, but I'll definitely have to raise the Max setting to accommodate the line-gunk factor.

Any idea why the advanced programming page loses its setting? I guess it decided that "set 40" isn't advanced enough.
    The wizard and the output configuration page are separate. The wizard will show a default curve if you open it that is not applied to your code unless you edit it and then upload it to your COR. That wizard should only be used on closed loop applications with a COR and in all other cases should not be set and should be ignored.