Thread: Having a hard time

NSI Member

Having a hard time

Do you guys understand how spotty the stickies are and that they provide a snapshot of information that doesn't help a user that is trying to get their feet wet when setting up a camera.

Where can one go to get the basics and then build on that information in order to have some knowledge of how to stream a video through the dash board? If there already is a step-by-step walkthrough, then please post it in the stickies.

I've concluded that this is no easy task and that there are many different variables. I'm willing to learn, but I need the guidance to teach me. Spending 30 minutes trying to find out what any of the 4 boxes in fusion mean, and what information needs to be provided is overwhelming and i'm still at square one.

any help will be appreciated.

It's one of the most complicated things that you can do in fusion, and varies significantly between cameras if it can even be done at all. This is the basic process.

1. Scour the internet to determine the direct embed URL for the MJPEG stream on your camera if it has the capability.

2. Using the local IP address of your camera, determine if the stream works on a web browser. Some cameras streams play nice with IE but not Chrome or any combination.

3. If successful above, scout the internet again to determine what and where in the URL you can add the username and password to automatically access the stream. Verify it works in a web browser.

4. Create a Dynamic DNS in your router if you don't want to change the WAN stream URL every few months.

5. Set up port forwarding in your router for your camera.

6. Check that the embed URL works externally (wifi hotspot helps here) using your DDNS and port forwarding.

7. Enter the URLs into the fusion tile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk