Thread: Alk and Cal Statements

Frequent Visitor

Alk and Cal Statements

I am looking to confirm I have the correct statements in place as I have just hooked up the DOS and DDR. I am under the impression that with what I have done, I am adding 20ml of ALk spread out during a 12 hr period, and 5ml of Cal during a 12 hr period, with 30 min apart from each supplement to avoid precipitation. IS THIS CORRECT? I do not want to somehow have programmed things to kill off my entire livestock in 1 day Thank you in advance for your input!

Alk Statement
    Set OFF
    If Time 23:30 to 11:30 Then Alk
    If DT_PH > 8.40 Then OFF

Alk Profie
    https://gyazo.com/9019c42c0592f91524afb551ee3c48c9

Cal Statement
    Set OFF
    If Time 23:00 to 11:00 Then Cal
    If DT_PH > 8.40 Then OFF

Cal Profile
    https://gyazo.com/a83993b49edee85fd809a380eaf4a05c

You are doing it the hard way by using profiles. Use the DOS graphic scheduler instead. The DOS Get Started guide covers this.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You are doing it the hard way by using profiles. Use the DOS graphic scheduler instead. The DOS Get Started guide covers this.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/
    I certainly appreciate your feedback, however I am concerned (albeit I have done it the hard way) that it is actually correct and will do what I think it will so I have no surprises.

What you wrote will work, but it's still best to use the wizard. It allows much finer adjustment as you do your water testing and leaves less room for mistakes. Say your test results determine you need 20.5 ml, well now instead of just typing in 20.5 in the wizard, you have to change the dose amount to 0.5 change the interval, and change the dose count to 41. Gets even more complicated if your fine tuning said you need 20.1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    What you wrote will work, but it's still best to use the wizard. It allows much finer adjustment as you do your water testing and leaves less room for mistakes. Say your test results determine you need 20.5 ml, well now instead of just typing in 20.5 in the wizard, you have to change the dose amount to 0.5 change the interval, and change the dose count to 41. Gets even more complicated if your fine tuning said you need 20.1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Dang. I used the wizard for my radions and MP40's, but I am super nervous about the DOS and screwing it up. I got confused when the manual said to set up using multiple intervals, and what to put in the volume part.

So if I use the wizard, put in multiple intervals, and want to do 20ml TOTAL of Alk, do I just add 10 points of 2ml total in 30 minute intervals to accomplish what I wrote in the profile?

BTW, Thanks a ton for responding.

Alk and Cal Statements

There is no reason to go to those lengths when using the scheduler. You need only one interval covering the desired window of time and to specify the total amount to be dosed. The Apex spreads that total amount out over the specified period of time with lots of tiny doses.

One caveat is that you cannot span midnight with an interval, so to do your alk dosing, instead of starting at 23:30 for Alk, just start at 0:00.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Alk and Cal Statements

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There is no reason to go to those lengths when using the scheduler. You need only one interval covering the desired window of time and to specify the total amount to be dosed. The Apex spreads that total amount out over the specified period of time with lots of tiny doses.

One caveat is that you cannot span midnight with an interval, so to do your alk dosing, instead of starting at 23:30 for Alk, just start at 0:00.
    PERFECT. Thanks for the explanation. I really appreciate it.