Thread: The little gremlins (WXM)

NSI Member

The little gremlins (WXM)

I know this question is lengthy, but there's a lot to unpack to get the whole picture, please read in its entirety.

The day I have been dreading has finally come, yesterday I decided to switch my Apex light over to the new 2016 model. Switching the outlets was easy, a simply cut and paste of the code from one fusion to the other.

The problem came when I went to transfer the WXM's. I have 2 modules to share 17 ecotech devices, the instructions explained a seamless move of the modules simply by adding 1 module at a time to the new Apex. I did that and at first glance it looked like it went smooth but after testing each light and pump, I noticed there were a few problems.

First, was that a Gen4Pro shared an outlet with a Gen1 Radion, I turned one on through fusion and both came on. That was easy to fix, simply by removing the Gen1 and connecting it to ecosmart live to reset the light and then have the WXM "attach" the new Radion, reprogram the new outlet and I was back in business.

Second, an MP40 and MP10 shared 1 single outlet, when I turned on the mp40, both the 40 and 10 came on. I thought that I could simply reset both pumps to factory settings and remove the outlets from the Apex but when I went to couple them back to the WXM (one at a time), they still shared the same outlet. Their designated frequency has to be similar, but it worked previously with no problems.

I also have one other problem with a WXM, that warrants its own thread.

Right now I'm at a loss, I can't find any literature on how to give these guys their own separate signal like they had previously. Any help would be appreciated.

NSI Member
    After searching many threads about the WXM and the lack of response on the majority of them is leading me to believe there is more to the story than the guys in "the know" are divulging. The lack of response coupled with me constantly repeating steps to get fusion to be on the same page tells me there are problems that aren't being addressed. I've reset my one working WXM so many times and tried to re-attach the Gen4Pro's to finally get the the point that all 8 Gen4's are now missing the extra color sliders. I literally spent 10 hour on a problem that should easily take 30 minutes to solve, and less time if things were set up to run smoothly, and I'm still at square one!

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

NSI Member
    Given that there's not much literature out there on the subject, I always like to follow up with what solved the problem. This is what I ended up doing to fix the problem.