Thread: Flow Sensor FMM not working.

New User

Flow Sensor FMM not working.

Hi!

First time tank owner and apex user. Diving in headfirst. I'm a civil engineer, decently tech saavy and can understand if then statements, but not truly up to speed on code overall (to be honest I try to stay away from it and stick to my hydraulics and hydrology!). So hopefully this is just something I am overlooking rather than a code issue. I can't get a any reading on my flow sensor at all!

I've just setup the new Apex, EB 8, WXM, and FMM. The FMM has the ATK opticals in ports 1&2, a 1" flow sensor off my return pump in port 3, and a leak detector in port 4. My optical sensors appear to be reading fine, port 1 is closed and port 2 is open. The leak detector is dry and shows open. However, my flow sensor is showing 0 and has never had any reading at all since I installed it.

Apex was not able to automatically configure the ports. They were all incorrect and I had to manually configure them when I first set it up. I've checked the flow arrow on the sensor and it's inline correct with the return flow, and all my wiring is run decently well and it's securely plugged in. The flow sensor is immediately after a Varios 2 return that is hopefully running at around 700 gph. Apex Fusion shows it as a FLX4_3 with 0 flow currently. I'd ideally like to get this plugged into the overall flo reading to understand my total tank cycle per hour.

Is there something I am missing in the setup and the code? What else should I be checking? My tank has just begun its initial cycle, so I'd rather not dissemble the plumbing to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure the FMM module firmware is updated and make sure the connectors are plugged all the way in. You kinda have to force the connectors a bit to seat properly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks for your thoughts! Fusion shows the FMM at software version 13 [OK]. I had assumed the OK meant I was up to date. Just updated firmware again to see if there was a new version by chance, looks like 13 is the most current. Once I'm off work I'll check the physical connection again.

Regular Vistor
    I am tagging along because I have the same problem. I didn't know how to follow a thread without posting in it. So apologies for the useless post.

Quote Originally Posted by bighildy53 View Post
    I didn't know how to follow a thread without posting in it. So apologies for the useless post.
    If using a desktop or mobile web browser: while viewing a thread, you can click on Thread Tools and then Subscribe to this Thread

If you are using Tapatalk, sorry, you'll have to figure it out. There are too many variants of that frequently-changing app to give specific guidance.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    After rechecking everything, rebooting, etc. I've reached out to neptune tech support. In the meantime my ATK probes are reading open when under water, and my flow sensor is undetectable. Guessing it's an FMM issue. Will update if they figure it out!

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You kinda have to force the connectors a bit to seat properly.
    I guess this just totally threw me for a loop. I reset them twice before reaching out to Neptune - yet they said the same thing. Frustrated I pulled all the cords out so they had plenty of slack, then rammed them home. It's working now! Should'nt have doubted ya on this one. Thanks!