Thread: 2 dos and 2 ddr

New User

2 dos and 2 ddr

I want to use 2 dos and 2 ddr on my Apex 2016,but I don’t think I have enough connections. What can I do?

You always have enough Aquabus connections - every module (except the display), including the DŌS has at least 2 Aquabus ports. You can daisy-chain modules.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks for your help. I daisy chained my second dos/ddr to my first dos but it doesn't show up on fusion. I am doing something wrong?

NSI Member
    If the 2nd dos doesn't show up on the module page, I would first consider renaming the 1st one to ensure there isn't a conflict with the 2nd. If that did't work, I would suspect a faulty aquabus cable and swap that out to see if the module shows up on the module page.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by sisterlimonpot View Post
    If the 2nd dos doesn't show up on the module page, I would first consider renaming the 1st one to ensure there isn't a conflict with the 2nd. If that did't work, I would suspect a faulty aquabus cable and swap that out to see if the module shows up on the module page.
    I’m interested in this too. I have just this weekend connected up my first DOS and DDR. I have used a spare 1Link outlet to connect my DOS. If I set up a second DOS & DDR using as you say an aquabus cable to daisy chain, will the second DOS need a separate power supply, or will it get this through the aquabus connection ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a DOS is connected to the rest of the Apex system with an Aquabus cable (not a 1LINK cable) then the DOS power supply is required.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    If a DOS is connected to the rest of the Apex system with an Aquabus cable (not a 1LINK cable) then the DOS power supply is required.
    Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash762 View Post
    Ok thanks

But you can use a 1Link and not use the power supply. Which ever you want to power it by.

Moved on...
    You can hook it to any USB that is open. It doesn't have to be hooked to the other DOS. If you are wanting to hook it to a 1link and not use the power supply then get another module that had a ilink on it. WHich would be the 1link module and hook it to that module and then the aquabus link can be hooked to that module as will or any where else you want to.

Regular Vistor
    I remember seeing a post about aomeone having trouble running a dos that was plugged in via both ilink and the USB ports. Something about the ilink providing the same type connection interface as the USB does, and if you use both, it can result in loops.

not sure if this is a “real thing”. But wanted to call it out in case you see issues.

Does anyone know what the best practice is for this?
    if you connect the dos units by Ilink, can you use the two usb ports to extend the comunitcation chain? As long as you don’t generate any loops?

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptkitty View Post
    Does anyone know what the best practice is for this?
    if you connect the dos units by Ilink, can you use the two usb ports to extend the comunitcation chain? As long as you don’t generate any loops?
    Yes, and yes.