Thread: Cant get my DDR to show up in my DOS

Moved on...

Cant get my DDR to show up in my DOS

I was having issue with my DOS programming but during this time everything was showing up on Fusion and everything was fine and could be seen in the app. I deleted DOS from Fusion to reinstall it to fix the programming issues and it did. Sense the reinstalling of DOS I have not been able to the DDR to show up in fusion. I have disconnected the DDR numberous time and ran the DOS but nothing I have done with it will get it to show up. I am thinking of deleted the DOS again and try the reinstall again this evening after work. Does anyone else have any idea on what to do? has anyone else had this same issue and if so what did you do to fix it? I hope I can get it soon and thanks to anyone that offers help.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    A couple months ago my DDR disappeared in Fusion. I tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it to the DOS, disconnected the DOS, rebooted the Apex. I even tried moving the DDR to my other DOS that I use for auto water changes, but it still wouldn't show up. I contacted Neptune Support and they asked me to ship it to them. They replaced both optical sensors and shipped it back, then it worked perfectly. Mine was only 3 moths old, and it contained BRS 2-part solutions. No idea why it went bad, but I've heard it's fairly common.

Have you looked for the DDR graphic in the hidden tiles area? That's where it will appear when the DDR is plugged into the DOS.

If it's definitely not there then yes, most likely one or both sensors are bad. The DDR graphic won't appear unless both sensors are present and functional.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    If it's definitely not there then yes, most likely one or both sensors are bad. The DDR graphic won't appear unless both sensors are present and functional.
    It actually only checks one, but otherwise the point is correct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Moved on...
    Sounds like my issue maybe. I just got my DDR on the 9th. I might just take it back to where I got it and trade it out. Thanks for the info.

Moved on...
    Yeah it's just like anything else you add to the system, their the tiles are always there, I do know a little bit. But I am starting the think it might be the sensors though. I just added it to my system on the 9th and it worked up till about Monday of this week if I remember correctly.

Moved on...
    I took the DDR back and traded it out for a new one and brought it home. After I hooked it up it worked just fine the first time hooking it up. So it had to be the sensors or sensor for sure. Thanks for the info and the help with it. I would had never thought about the sensors being bad this soon so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Ill remember this if something happens again in the future.

Moved on...
    I got the new DDR and it did good for a couple of weeks and it happen again. Is this normal with DDR's. I'm really getting mad about this. I'm having to send it to neptune to get checked out. What the?????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock View Post
    I got the new DDR and it did good for a couple of weeks and it happen again. Is this normal with DDR's. I'm really getting mad about this. I'm having to send it to neptune to get checked out. What the?????

My DDR failed in September after only 2 months of use and Neptune repaired it. It failed again last week, only 3 months since the last repair, so Neptune is now repairing it again. So frustrating!

Moved on...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    My DDR failed in September after only 2 months of use and Neptune repaired it. It failed again last week, only 3 months since the last repair, so Neptune is now repairing it again. So frustrating!
    Omg I hope that doesnt happen. I had my first one for about 2 weeks and then the store replaced it and this one I had about 2 weeks and it did the same. Doesnt look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock View Post
    Omg I hope that doesnt happen. I had my first one for about 2 weeks and then the store replaced it and this one I had about 2 weeks and it did the same. Doesnt look good.

What are you dosing in them? That is incredibly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

Mine was only using BRS 2-part. It first failed after 2 months, sent in for repair where Neptune replaced both optical sensors, then failed again 3 months later. They're repairing it again right now.

Moved on...
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

I had water in mine. I hadn't even set up my dosing yet. I'm waiting till o get my 2nd dos and I'll have one doing water change and the other dosing.