Thread: What size flow sensor to buy?

Frequent Visitor

What size flow sensor to buy?

I have one inch bulkhead returns on each side of my tank that go into 1 1/4 plumbing, my plan was to go with a 2" flow sensor on each one, as each return on it own pump. Is that the best route? Also the only place I have to put them is several inches below the bulkhead on the back of the tank, will that be OK with that much weight hanging off the bulkhead? They are sch 80 bulkheads.

Would I be better off getting the 1"sensors?

Thanks

NSI Member
    The 1" will restrict the flow some. Could you mount a support bracket to your stand that would take the weight off the bulkhead?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    The 1" will restrict the flow some. Could you mount a support bracket to your stand that would take the weight off the bulkhead?
    I could mount the 2" sensor above the tank brace on the stand and tie in a support bracket if you think that would work?

Thanks

Banned
    I purchased this and had to return it. if you are using this on a return line be aware that any air in the lines stops the reading defeating the purpose to have this in the first place. YMMV

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by coralsrmylife2016 View Post
    I purchased this and had to return it. if you are using this on a return line be aware that any air in the lines stops the reading defeating the purpose to have this in the first place. YMMV
    Was your sensor mounted horizontal or vertical?