Thread: apex still hangs on power on with ethernet cable connected

apex still hangs on power on with ethernet cable connected

Hi all,

I wrote some months a thread about my many problems with last FW of apex classic, but was removed..

I have the last 4.53, 4.53_AB17

I have may times updated the boot loader, but the issue that I have is still present.

I have the "power monitor" enabled, all my apex is connected on a UPS, only the 12V for power monitoring is connected directly to the utility.

At ends of October I have a big power outage in my area, for many hours. The UPS was drained off and all the aquarium was powered off. When the power line was reactivated, the Apex hangs, all device blinking orange, display blank and the CPU not complete the boot. And this problem I have expericenced every time I try to simulate this condition.

To start the CPU I have to:

- disconnect 12V from CPU,
    - disconnect the Aquabus from CPU (to not powering it with powerbar)
    - disconnect the LAN cable

- connect 12V and powering up the CPU
    - connect the aquabus and wait the green led fixed on all the devices
    - connect the LAN cable.

I'm still waiting for a response or a new FW release.... but nothing. One year and more from the last upgrade. The developing is clearly focused only on new apex model.

Last change: my idea is to make a backup of my configuration (many devices, many virtual outputs, very complex programming) and after this, try a factory-full reset and a reloading the configuration.

Any another idea to resolve? Somebody else is experiencing my issue?

It is much more likely that the issue you have is hardware or corruption related than firmware related. What I would do is give the apex a "fresh start" save a backup of your configuration, but don't restore it. The reason for this is a corrupt config may be the source of the problem and restoring a saved config will just restore a corrupt one. Instead, get screenshots of everything and copy your config summary to a word doc. Then factory reset. Then update the firmware. Then update the bootloader. Then create all needed VOs and name all your outlets. Then reprogram all the outlets.

If this doesn't solve the problem, you will need to RMA the unit for possible hardware repair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do a RMA here in Italy is a very long procedure (no direct importer). I cannot have my tank without apex for months!
    I have too an other RMA for a optical sensor of FMM, but the cost to send to Holland and the time, I bought a new one and cost me less.

In the next weeks, if my time permits, I will try with a manual reprogramming. if not resolved, I think to a upgrade to new apex 2016.