Thread: Link APEX

Link APEX

I have went through the whole setup, downloaded and registered with the Neptune App. When attempting to get my token to link apex, it doesnt give me anything. I restarted the Apex and still the same result. My internet is hard wired to the Apex brain (not sure if I'm accually connected due to no blinking activity on the orange and green light but they are on.) Please help, thanks!!!

Is this a used apex or new? Is your profile correct that you have a classic, you is this a new upgrade to a 2016 model?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@ Zombie this is a used system and the model is classic.

Then you need to either ask the previous owner to unlink the apex from their fusion or do a factory reset (initialize all)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtx2000 View Post
    I have went through the whole setup, downloaded and registered with the Neptune App. When attempting to get my token to link apex, it doesnt give me anything. I restarted the Apex and still the same result. My internet is hard wired to the Apex brain (not sure if I'm accually connected due to no blinking activity on the orange and green light but they are on.) Please help, thanks!!!
    Please provide clearer details. What exactly do you mean by “it doesn’t give me anything”? Where are you looking? Can you access the Classic Dashboard? If so, what does the Fusion status tile show?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I will try and do the factory reset.

@ RussM, I have went through the whole initial setup step by step. It will not allow me to link my apex. When asked to link to Fusion. My system says "No Comm". I. Totally lost with this whole setup. If someone is able to Facetime me or anything I really need it.

Please answer the questions I asked.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Not giving me anything as in not giving me the token. I hit the circle on the controller, then apex fusion which says: no comm. Classic Dashboard: I have registered and have username and password. I do see the screen where it says "link apex" and ask for token. I cant get the token as stated above.

The Classic Dashboard is not the same thing as Apex Fusion. It is the user interface built into the Apex.

You said that you were going to try to do a factory reset but not if you did that. Did you?

Using the display menu, go to System, Network setup. Is DHCP on or off? Then scroll to IP address. What is shown there?

I went to System, Init Memory , Init All, and Initialized All (Yes).
    DHCP is On
    IP Address: 192.168.1.50

Link APEX

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere. . That IP address tells me that is is not receiving network configuration info from your Internet router or isn’t connected to your network.

How exactly is the Apex base connected to your home network? Is it connected with a network cable directly to your router, or some other way? A network cable must be plugged into the Apex jack labeled Ethernet not one of the two similar black jacks to the right.

Its connected from the APEX Base directly to my Ethernet switch. The back of the Apex Base shows 1 green light on the left and 1 amber light on the right. My Ethernet switch shows the amber light but it's not connectivity. I have 2 other devices are green and showing activity via the ethernet switch.

So it's not actually fully connected to the network. Try a different port on the switch. Try a different network cable. Inspect the pins inside the Apex's Ethernet jack in the Apex for debris and signs of corrosion.

I changed port, network cable, all pins are good, no corrosion, and restarted. Still the same.

New User
    Having the exact same issue! Following

New User
    I finally got mine to work! I had to change the host name to "apex" it immediately linked and gave me the token

Regular Vistor
    I can’t get mine to give me a token either. I am hardwired and also setup the wireless. I have an account and can see all of my outlets and even turn them on and off when on my Mac. If I try to use my phone it asks for the link Apex token. Not sure what the dashboard is other than to go to the laptop and switch from my apex to the one listed as Apex. Click the dashboard from that dropdown but then there is never an icon to “link to apex” to get this magic token. Not a great start to this technology. It is a new build 230g and it is a brand new Apex from BRS this past week. HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor

Link APEX

You link the Apex to Fusion using the APEX Local web interface, not using Fusion.

1) Access APEX Local - put http://apex.local in your browser address bar.

2) Sign in using username admin and password 1234 (if you have changed the local login credentials, use those)

3) Click the user name (admin) in upper right corner to reveal more settings

4) Select the Link Apex item

5) enter your Fusion username and password.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tdlawdo View Post

You are already linked to Apex. You only get 1 token.

Click on the 3 bars on the top right

Then click on Home, then Apex list.

Now select your Apex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    You are already linked to Apex.
    Good catch. And I need more brain lubricant in a mug this morning.

Regular Vistor
    I have never gotten or used a token! But I’ll take it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tdlawdo View Post
    I have never gotten or used a token! But I’ll take it. Thanks.
    Using the process I covered above (it’s a condensed version of the same thing in the Apex and Apex EL Get Started guides), one does not need to obtain and then type in a token code. That’s the way it was done for older Apex Classic models. The newer Apexes eliminate this cumbersome necessity - it does an equivalent of that for you; there still is a token involved but it’s all handled behind the scenes. Done correctly, you never see a token - it’s passed invisibly from the Apex to Fusion.

In the Get Started guides for the newer Apex and Apex EL, there is no mention of a token at all because getting one then manually entering it is no longer needed.

Regular Vistor
    Great to know. Wonder why it referred to that for me. I just bought this in the past week. But I’m glad they do it behind the scenes. Thanks for the insight.