Thread: Code for running a second FFM module for a remote ato reservoir

New User

Code for running a second FFM module for a remote ato reservoir

Hi everyone, I am new to the apex and need help setting up my new ATK. I have the new Apex (2016). My display tank is upstairs and my R/O reservoir is in the basement, I have the FMM module that came with the atk under the tank and have both the optical sensors plugged in to it. I have a second FMM module that I bought separately in the basement with the power supply and the pmup hooked up to it and I bought a 50’ aquabus cable from usbfirewire.com to connect the two modules together. Now what I can’t figure out is how to set it up so it will turn on the pmup on the second FMM module instead of powering the 24v outlet on the FMM under the tank. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried searching the forum, but cannot find what I am looking for

Frequent Visitor
    All you need to do is run the ATK task and then go into the 24VDC output and cut the code (and save the changes) and then paste that into the 24VDC output of the FMM that you want (assuming there is nothing already connected to the ATK FMM)

New User
    I have run the atk task already. I am still pretty new at navigating apex fusion. How do I get into the 24vdc output to do that? Do I go into the output and cut the configuration and leave it blank? And save it. What do I have to change on the output for the second FMM. Just the configuration or anything else. There is nothing else connected to the FMM in the basement just the aquabus, pmup, and power supply. What would the pmup be labeled as. Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Citra View Post
    I have run the atk task already. I am still pretty new at navigating apex fusion. How do I get into the 24vdc output to do that? Do I go into the output and cut the configuration and leave it blank? And save it. What do I have to change on the output for the second FMM. Just the configuration or anything else. There is nothing else connected to the FMM in the basement just the aquabus, pmup, and power supply. What would the pmup be labeled as. Thanks
    Yes, you go into the Outputs menu, find the 24v output that you ran the task against (go through the list till you see it, it will have the name you gave it in the task) copy all of that and change the name, save and find the 24v output that is on the other FMM and rename that and paste the code into there

New User
    Thanks for the help it worked great. I re labeled the FMM modules one for upstairs and one for downstairs and labeled both the optical eyes on the upstairs FMM and put the tiles on the fusion dashboard. My question is do i leave both the FMM modules on the auto setting? I see the lower optical eye go back and forth between open and closed, but the pmup doesn't turn on when it is in the open state. Do I have it set up wrong?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Let's clarify the terminology in your question. "Modules" are not the things you set to On, Off, or Auto. "Outlets" (or Outputs; same thing) are what you set to On, Off, or Auto on the Fusion dashboard. The Inputs (optical sensors, probes, etc) can show on your dashboard, but there's no settings for On, Off, or Auto. Modules themselves don't show on the dashboard.

In your case, if you have one FMM module just connected to optical sensors, and the other FMM module connected to the PMUP, then you only need to set the PMUP's outlet to AUTO. You can then remove the first FMM module's 24V outlet from your dashboard entirely so there's no confusion.

Frequent Visitor
    I see the lower optical eye go back and forth between open and closed, but the pmup doesn't turn on when it is in the open state. Do I have it set up wrong?
    The default code has a line where it will only allow the pump to run once an hour and the low sensor needs to not see water for that period of time. Leave it for an hour and the pump will run and fill.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNZ View Post
    The default code has a line where it will only allow the pump to run once an hour and the low sensor needs to not see water for that period of time. Leave it for an hour and the pump will run and fill.
    The low sensor doesn't need to see low water for that period. That only has to occur for 10 seconds. It just has to wait at least 1 hour since the last fill.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ok thanks SuncrestReef, I see what you mean that the outputs are on/off or auto (controllable) and the inputs (optical sensors) are in either an open or closed state. I removed the tile for the 24v outlet for the FMM upstairs since there is nothing plugged in to it. So what i am understanding is that the pump won't turn on unless the optical sensor is open for more 10 sec and the pump has filled within the last hour. Is the code that is in the ATK task sufficiant for what i have set up or does anybody change it? Thanks everybody for the help

Ok thanks SuncrestReef, I see what you mean that the outputs are on/off or auto (controllable) and the inputs (optical sensors) are in either an open or closed state. I removed the tile for the 24v outlet for the FMM upstairs since there is nothing plugged in to it. So what i am understanding is that the pump won't turn on unless the optical sensor is open for more 10 sec and the pump has filled within the last hour. Is the code that is in the ATK task sufficiant for what i have set up or does anybody change it? Thanks everybody for the help
    Most people don't change it, but it is a good idea to tweak the defer and min time settings.

The 4 second defer Then OFF is a trial and error process. If your low switch shows OPEN more often than it shows CLOSED, then you need to increase it. If you hit the high sensor during a fill, you need to reduce it.

The When statement length should be tuned by looking at your outlet log or putting the pump on a graph. Find the longest run that occurred in a 24 hour test period and double or triple that time for the ideal When length.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk