Thread: ATK PMUP fails to start ATK RELAY just CLICKS

New User

ATK PMUP fails to start ATK RELAY just CLICKS

Hello All,

I noticed last night that my Sump was super low, Thinking the ATK had just timed out again I made sure the ATO bucket had water. I reset the FMM module reseated all the optical sensors and tried to reset the ATK_5_1 Error on the Apex. When I do this the Relay in FMM Module Clicks a few times and they goes back into error state. Thinking the PMUP was jammed or something I pulled it out of the ATO bucket and cleaned it. Nothing broken inside. I reconnected everything and again reset the 5_1 Error, I placed the pump up to my ear and I can hear a faint wine when the relay clicks on the FMM but the impellers never spin. This with Both Optical sensors being open which should allow the pump to run.

Any Help would be great, Trying to determine if the FMM relay is bad or if the PMUP has died.

Clicking means the overcurrent protection on the FMM activated. If you unplug the PMUP and it still clicks, there could be a problem with the FMM but that is very unlikely. More than likely, the impeller is stalling on the PMUP, which might be fixed by another reassembly but very like could just be bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Clicking means the overcurrent protection on the FMM activated. If you unplug the PMUP and it still clicks
    Removed the Pump from the FMM Relay clicks once to turn on that's it, no repeated clicking. I checked the PMUP and its clean inside.

Quote Originally Posted by AES View Post
    Removed the Pump from the FMM Relay clicks once to turn on that's it, no repeated clicking. I checked the PMUP and its clean inside.
    Then I would contact support to RMA the PMUP. If you have another pump like an aqua lifter or something, you can copy the code over to an energy bar outlet in the interim.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks thats what i ended up doing with a spare AL that i had.