Thread: Apex and Zetlight UFO & Jebao Return Pumps

New User

Apex and Zetlight UFO & Jebao Return Pumps

I am interested in knowing if you are running 3 Zetlight UFO LED lights as well as 2 Jebao OW-40 wavemakers and the jebao return pump and an eshopps protein skimmer will these all work with the Out of the box APex controller system

Quote Originally Posted by JP1269 View Post
    I am interested in knowing if you are running 3 Zetlight UFO LED lights as well as 2 Jebao OW-40 wavemakers and the jebao return pump and an eshopps protein skimmer will these all work with the Out of the box APex controller system
    That model of Zetlight isn't listed as apex ready, so you could do ON/OFF control only.

The Jebaos are a maybe for varspd control. I think they can be fully apex controlled with an Aqualink A1 but not 100% on that. If not you are limited to ON/OFF control only.

Eshopps protein skimmer is likely ON/OFF only control. I don't think they have any DC models with a 0-10V input that I am aware of.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Dam that's what I thought so Zombie does it seem to be a waste of time to spend 749 on the system to have the "on/Off" function for the lights, pumps and skimmers?

Quote Originally Posted by JP1269 View Post
    Dam that's what I thought so Zombie does it seem to be a waste of time to spend 749 on the system to have the "on/Off" function for the lights, pumps and skimmers?
    Yes, but not for the purposes of just controlling lights and skimmer. The reason to spend that kind of money on an apex is actually more for things like heaters, ATO, automated shut offs when overflows and leaks are detected, coordinating feed modes, getting alerted for issues, etc. If you use it to it's full potential, the Apex can save you a ton of money by avoiding what otherwise would have crashed your tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    My 3 Led lights are controlled by my Apex using a analog to PWM converter (a standard 3 LED controller available on ebay), this allows me to easily vary the light levels in my tank and ramp them up and down in the morning and evening. My 4th varispeed port is used by my Jabeo DC-9000. I added a resistor drop to change the 0-10V to 0-5V control and wired it in with a 3wire connector to the Jebeo pump connector. I can vary the pump speed from 0 to 100 percent and ramp it down during feed cycles or cleaning. Been running for a year now without issues. The only problem I had initally was over driving my LEDs. I resolved that with inline limit resistors. So yes the Apex can control the lights and pumps but it is not plug and play.