Thread: DOS widget maxed out AWC

Regular Vistor

DOS widget maxed out AWC

apex dos widget.png

I've been doing AWCs for less than a week. I'm changing roughly 4 gallons a day (536 mL x 24 IN, then the same OUT). The problem is that this widget above has maxed out at 13,512, though I'm still doing water changes. How do I program the widget to utilize liters instead of milliliters? If that's not possible, can I just get it to reset after it taps out?

2nd, is there a way to make this thing quieter? Will silicone grease work?

Thanks.

It is not “maxed out”. The tile shows a running total of volume over the last 24 hours. So if you do the same amount each day (and nothing disrupted the DOS operation), the total shown will always be the same from one day to the next.

The tile cannot be changed to display other units of measure.

What do you mean by 536ml x 24? Did you program 24 individual dosing intervals? If so, that’s not the recommended way. Just use a single interval spanning the whole day and specify the total amount you wish to change out per day.

BTW, I think 536 is a typo. Did you mean 563? (563 x 24 = 13512, the volume your tile shows
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    thank you, that helps me out. Yes, I programmed 24 intervals. Actually, I stole some other guy' s schedule off of the discovery page. I'll change it. Yes, I meant 563.

Regular Vistor
    Why are so many intervals not recommended? I was separating them up, because my tubes coming from the doser are right next to each other in the sump. Wanted to give the water a chance to circulate between intervals. Guess I'll have to move the tubes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by boneless3vil View Post
    Why are so many intervals not recommended? I was separating them up, because my tubes coming from the doser are right next to each other in the sump. Wanted to give the water a chance to circulate between intervals. Guess I'll have to move the tubes apart.
    Because it adds unnecessary complexity that it easy to make mistakes. Ideally you want the drain line in one of the first few chambers of your sump and the fill line near your return. Then you will not pull any new water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Moved on...
    because my tubes coming from the doser are right next to each other in the sump. Wanted to give the water a chance to circulate between intervals.

Yeah please move them, I have my pick up next to my sock and my return next to my return pump. Best way to do it in every way.