Thread: COR20 Power Monitoring

COR20 Power Monitoring

I'm a new COR20 user and I have a couple questions. The setup information says that it's not recommended to power the COR20 via the EB832, so I have it plugged into my "dumb" power strip. This is great to free up an EB832 outlet, but at the same time I miss the power monitoring capability I had before. Neptune praises the ability of power monitoring to predict a failure or problem before it happens, but then recommends a configuration where this isn't possible, or is it?

The dashboard displays the power consumption of the COR20, so Fusion is obviously aware of it... but I can't seem to figure out how to set an alarm. It's also not available in the charts page. This seems like a pretty big oversight by Neptune and seems like it should be possible to fix via firmware. Does anybody know a way to monitor power without plugging the brick into the EB832? I hope there is a fix or a fix in the works. Too bad it can't be powered by a 1link port like the COR15 - seemingly another Neptune oversight...

You have to plug it into an EB832 outlet to actually alarm or react. It would seem like something easy to add to the firmware, but I don't know the technical details on why that feature was left out, and there could very well have been a good reason for it behind the scenes. They have not publicly stated if it is something they plan to add on a later date or if it is technically impractical to add.

The COR20 not having 1link is done for technical reasons because the 1link can't carry that much power without being damaged. It is actually beneficial because a problem with the COR20 will not affect other 1link devices or vise-versa so it actually improves total system reliability by having a separate supply. I actually wish the COR15 had separate power as an option because that is a better size for my tank, but when I get one, I will get the oversized COR20 specifically for the separate power supply.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Is it recommended to not plug it into an eb832 because it causes a problem, or just because the pump is already controllable and therefore a "waste" of an eb832 outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by garbled View Post
    Is it recommended to not plug it into an eb832 because it causes a problem, or just because the pump is already controllable and therefore a "waste" of an eb832 outlet?
    It's because it is a "waste". If you set the outlet to

Fallback ON
    Set ON

It is just as reliable as being plugged into the wall but adds amps/watts monitoring.

It's just firmware. There are 2 ways they could fix it...

1. Make it available to be monitored and reacted to just like the other outputs, Fusion is obviously aware of it.
    2. Add a function to the module itself to alarm on power. When you select "configure" in the module page there are all kinds of alarms like Run Dry, Over/Under Voltage, Current, Temperature. Can't they allow us to set a power window? There's no way that would be difficult.

Is there a place or a way to send requests to Neptune Systems? If so I'll be submitting this one...

Quote Originally Posted by novadan67 View Post
    It's just firmware. There are 2 ways they could fix it...

1. Make it available to be monitored and reacted to just like the other outputs, Fusion is obviously aware of it.
    2. Add a function to the module itself to alarm on power. When you select "configure" in the module page there are all kinds of alarms like Run Dry, Over/Under Voltage, Current, Temperature. Can't they allow us to set a power window? There's no way that would be difficult.

Is there a place or a way to send requests to Neptune Systems? If so I'll be submitting this one...
    I seriously doubt adding it is very simple otherwise it would already be incorporated. Particularly since it has been requested by others as well on multiple occasions.

The best place for requests is here. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...rmware-release