Thread: Can the ATK be run with the PMUP plugged into a DC24v port instead of powering the ATK with AC?

Can the ATK be run with the PMUP plugged into a DC24v port instead of powering the ATK with AC?

Can the ATK be run with the PMUP plugged into a DC24v port instead of powering the ATK with AC?

I have no clue on programming but I need an AC outlet and have an extra DC24v port.

The power supply for the FMM can be plugged into a wall outlet. It does not require an energy bar port, and it is not recommended to use an EB outlet for it.

You can use a 24V port on the energy bar either way if you prefer. Just run the task and copy paste the code over to where you plugged it in. Make sure to update the If Error statement in your email as well to reference the different port.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I have my PMUP remotely located to pump water from an RODI reservoir some 50 feet away or so from my tank plugged into the ACC port on an extra 1link. I have no AC currently connected to my FMM module, I use the FMM simply to interpret the sensors and signal the PMUP plugged into the other ACC port to turn off or on based on the sensors state through programming. Make sense?
    Chad

New User
    Back to the original question. Can the PMUP be powered by the 24v outlet ONLY? Or must it be pluged into a AC outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by J.R._808 View Post
    Back to the original question. Can the PMUP be powered by the 24v outlet ONLY? Or must it be pluged into a AC outlet?
    24V unless you purchase a power supply for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I would like to remove the power supply from my ATK. I know I have to use a different program tha the one in "task". What would that be?

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    The PMUP will work if plugged into a 24v accessory port on your EnergyBar, but not the 24v port on a FMM or other module without that module using an AC power adapter.

If you move the PMUP's cord to a different 24v port, just copy the code from your FMM module's 24v outlet and paste it into the code section for the 24v outlet you're using.

The FMK kit uses an FMM module as the module. The module itself has a DC24v port for the PMUP. The PMUP's cord has a plug on the end with the DC24v plug. But you can buy an AC adapter to connect to the end of the PMUP and skip the FMM. Note that the all FMM modules have a port to give them power via AC, which powers the module and the module in turn powers the PMUP. There are several YouTube videos on this.