Thread: ALEXA and Apex Fusion Notifications

ALEXA and Apex Fusion Notifications

Hi I am new with Alexa and Apex so far I am using it with no problems and great during wet hands... Just a question is it possible that notifications from apex be integrated to Alexa also to speak it out when some thing is wrong?

It's something Neptune showed genuine interest in adding, but apparently there are currently some technical hurdles preventing it because the feature they need is currently blocked for public use or something like that. I'm sure once alexa goes through a few more updates and they fix the technical hurdle, Neptune will very likely add that feature.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response hoping for solutions in the near future...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Notifications are definitely something I'd like to add. Amazon isn't allowing any new skills to use the notifications API right now (for reasons unknown to me) so we're just stuck waiting until they make that available to the public. I've sent in a request to make an exception for the Apex Fusion skill to use notifications, so we'll see if that develops into anything further. At the very least, we should be able to add notification support whenever Amazon releases that feature for public use.

New User
    Would it be possible to use an Applet as a workaround - I use IFTT for other things like this. Would be nice to control my Hue lights and Blink the Red and my Ring Chime to go off if LDK goes off, or have red/yellow/green lights for thresholds on various outlets... Just a thoughts.

Regular Vistor
    That would be super cool. If thats ever an option I would be super interested in setting that up.

Frequent Visitor
    When the apex is in an alarm, it is sometimes (sometimes) difficult to see what the problem is. There is no change of color that jumps out. No flashing red lights and sometimes the alarm has cleared before you have time to log in but the audible alarm has not yet shut down. It would be great is the alarms could provide notifications via alexa. Since fusion uses alias's it could actually tell you something useful. Like when a floor leak sensor has an alarm, it could say "apex fusion is noticing me that water has been detected on the floor behind your fish tank (of inside the stand, or by your RO tank or wherever you have sensors)

I think reminders would be great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    When the apex is in an alarm, it is sometimes (sometimes) difficult to see what the problem is. There is no change of color that jumps out. No flashing red lights and sometimes the alarm has cleared before you have time to log in but the audible alarm has not yet shut down. It would be great is the alarms could provide notifications via alexa. Since fusion uses alias's it could actually tell you something useful. Like when a floor leak sensor has an alarm, it could say "apex fusion is noticing me that water has been detected on the floor behind your fish tank (of inside the stand, or by your RO tank or wherever you have sensors)

I think reminders would be great as well.
    We still haven't been given access to use the notifications API for Alexa, but I am quite curious if you have mobile phone push notifications turned on or not? While I see the benefit of having Alexa turn red and give you a notification, I would almost always get my push notification from Apex Fusion before walking by my Alexa device and noticing the red light.

If you're already near your Alexa, wouldn't you be near your tank anyway? Aren't the push notifications more useful on devices you can carry around with you?

When the notifications API is again available and if that's successfully developed for Apex, it really would be quite useful (as already suggested) if that data could then be passed to multicolor wifi light bulbs like those from Hue, TP-Link and others, most likely via IFTTT. If an emergency occurred, the color of ambient lighting as you entered the room could be programmed to very quickly apprise you of what sensor or output it involved.

Frequent Visitor
    I too would be in favor of an IFTTT Integration.
    Mark Hoevenaars

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    We still haven't been given access to use the notifications API for Alexa, but I am quite curious if you have mobile phone push notifications turned on or not? While I see the benefit of having Alexa turn red and give you a notification, I would almost always get my push notification from Apex Fusion before walking by my Alexa device and noticing the red light.

If you're already near your Alexa, wouldn't you be near your tank anyway? Aren't the push notifications more useful on devices you can carry around with you?
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but it's such a good feature I wanted to chime in as well. For the most part, I want them on my phone, but at night I'd definitely want them on my Alexa. A single "Ding" on my phone won't wake me, but that obnoxious alarm sound from Alexa definitely would.

Or at least something that would wake me from a deep sleep, because the Fusion Push notification definitely doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but it's such a good feature I wanted to chime in as well. For the most part, I want them on my phone, but at night I'd definitely want them on my Alexa. A single "Ding" on my phone won't wake me, but that obnoxious alarm sound from Alexa definitely would.

Or at least something that would wake me from a deep sleep, because the Fusion Push notification definitely doesn't.
    Built-in would obviously be better if/when Amazon gives Neptune the ability to use Alexa notifications, but I'm pretty sure you could use a trigger from IFTTT parsing your email for a Neptune email address in combination with the "notify me" skill.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/staceyo...ome-event/amp/

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Built-in would obviously be better if/when Amazon gives Neptune the ability to use Alexa notifications, but I'm pretty sure you could use a trigger from IFTTT parsing your email for a Neptune email address in combination with the "notify me" skill.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/staceyo...ome-event/amp/

GREAT IDEA GUYS!! I'll be setting this up now