Thread: Help programming ATO reservoir refill.

New User

Help programming ATO reservoir refill.

I have two solenoid's, two optical sensors, and a FMM and am trying to program two tasks that I'm having trouble with.

First, when Low_Optical_Sensor changes state to open, I want to open Flush_RODI_Solenoid for five minutes. After five minutes, I want to close Flush_RODI_Solenoid and open Fill_ATO_Solenoid.

Second, I want Fill_ATO_Solenoid to stay open until the High_Optical_Sensor changes to closed. After High_Optical_Sensor closes, I want both it to remain in this state until Low_Optical_Sensor changes state to open again and the process starts over.

I sort of got the timing of the Flush_RODI_Solenoid to work with a DEFER 005:00 THEN OFF and the Fill_ATO_Solenoid to work with a DEFER 005:00 THEN ON commands. But is there a better way?

And I can't figure out how to get the timing right so that once Low_Optical_Sensor changes to open, the Fill_ATO_Solenoid stays open until the High_Optical_Sensor changes state to closed. After it pumps enough water in to cover the Low_Optical_Sensor, it shuts back off.

Any input or thoughts on how to program this would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie

Is the Fill solenoid attached to the input of the RODI or attached to the output of it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Haha. You post totally reminds me of the old school video game guides people made for stuff like final fantasy 7.

If they are both on the output, then you would want to use this approach to start and add additional features as you see fit (like on demand refill, max time, etc)

StartFlush
    If LowRes OPEN Then ON
    If HighRes CLOSED Then OFF

StartFill
    Set OFF
    If Output StartFlush = ON Then ON
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

FlushSolenoid
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output StartFlush= ON Then ON
    If Output StartFill = ON Then OFF

FillSolenoid
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output StartFill = ON Then ON

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Haha. You post totally reminds me of the old school video game guides people made for stuff like final fantasy 7.

If they are both on the output, then you would want to use this approach to start and add additional features as you see fit (like on demand refill, max time, etc)

StartFlush
    If LowRes OPEN Then ON
    If HighRes CLOSED Then OFF

StartFill
    Set OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

FlushSolenoid
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output StartFlush= ON Then ON
    If Output StartFill = ON Then OFF

FillSolenoid
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

Zombie, I've read a lot of your posts on the forums over the last couple of years and I just wanted to take a second to say thanks for posting. You've helped a lot of people on this forum!

So I'm thinking through the outlet process you posted and am getting ready to tinker with it some more.

It took me a few minutes to think through the logic a few times, but I think I'm following the process and thinking down the right path again. The StartFlush outlet controls the whole process until the reservoir is full. The FlushSolenoid and FillSolenoid direct the water flow. And the StartFill outlet controls the 5 minute delay to switch from flushing the RO/DI system to filling the reservoir.

The only thing I don't follow so far is, what does the "If Output StartFill = ON Then ON" inside of the StartFill outlet do? Or should that be an "If Output StartFlush = ON Then ON"? I'm thinking that, combined with the Defer, is what triggers FillSolenoid to open 5 minutes after the StartFlush outlet turns on?

I'll try it and post back on how far I get with it. Again, thanks for chipping in on it!

Eddie
    Last edited by EddieS; 11-27-2018 at 22:46. Reason: Left out a word.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

That is really funny! And if you know what those old school video game diagrams are, then that tells me you're about the same age that I am. 'Cause Final Fantasy 7 was about 20 or so years ago and I know exactly what you're talking about!

Time sure flies when you look back on it!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieS View Post

The only thing I don't follow so far is, what does the "If Output StartFill = ON Then ON" inside of the StartFill outlet do? Or should that be an "If Output StartFlush = ON Then ON"? I'm thinking that, combined with the Defer, is what triggers FillSolenoid to open 5 minutes after the StartFlush outlet turns on?
    That was a typo.

New User
    Cool! Then I think I'm off and running and it actually makes sense now!

Thanks again!