Thread: My first disappointment

New User

My first disappointment

Hey guys... i just want to share my experience here.. neptune systems support has always been great.. IVE never had a problem with them..

they are fast to respond and are always whiling to help... except this time..

I have a Jr unit that works great.. Its now hard wired to my network (but it was using a Wnc2001 with out any problems for years)

I have a note3 phone A little older.. using the classic app *which is my server based

every time i had a question i got referred to the new fusion app.. which is cloud based ( i have a problem with that )

if your server goes down.. if internet goes down.. if there is any external problem with connection.. that service is no longer available, with the classic app... i control that..

i have devices in the house that have no sim cards.. they are wifi only.. and while that's still able to function with the cloud based service I want to use my own server.. Ok so flash forward

I have a new night stand phone a s5 that i spent days trying to figure out how to get the old app... Its basically gone, and (*here is the problem) after contacting them.. i got the quick cold shoulder thats "we dont support that anymore"

then sifting around the forums.. it seems they prefer the apple users

long story short.... I got the app off my note 3 and backed it up to my computer, and was able to install it on my s5.... Im going to be sharing this app pak shortly with the world..

so for those of you that want the old app (which allows you to be able to use a widget overlay) i have it and its working...

the whole point of the controller was to be able to use a widget.. displays my temp and ph right on my home screen of my phone... I dont want to have to log in and load data to see my tank... yeah the fusion is nice for controlling and configuration.. I just dont think they should have removed the classic app

NSI Member
    I would point out that you run a more customized and advanced setup than say the average user. Leaving the old app available for download in the app store would surely create confusion for less advanced users that get confused with two app options.... this can simply be avoided by removing the app. Not to mention how unstable the old app was. I do agree a widget for the fusion app would be nice.

Frequent Visitor
    I have seen repeated statements that a new android app is coming.
    Lets hope it turns out to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by CoralFan1776 View Post
    I have seen repeated statements that a new android app is coming.
    Lets hope it turns out to be true...
    It was released in August. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ems.apexfusion
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Now how did I miss that!?!?

Awesome, thanks Russ.