Thread: Issue with optical sensor on FMM

New User

Angry Issue with optical sensor on FMM

I have the ATK set up and it's been running well for the most part, aside from the optical eyes needing cleaned once a month or more. I just set up a 3rd optical sensor inside the ATO Reservoir to make sure the pump doesn't run dry and it's fully submerged (Got the officical sensor with magnetic mount) but still reading as open. Is this thing supposed to be normally closed? I'm a little grumpy and completely stumped trying to figure this out.

I just want to add "If FMM-3 Open then Off" to my ATO Pump, but can't until I know if I did something wrong with the sensor.

Regular Vistor
    There is a Task function listed to set that up. Maybe try running through those steps.
    Yes, it should read closed.

New User
    Yeah I did that and it threw an alarm because the sensor is reading open. Did I get yet another dud from Neptune? This is getting old.

Frequent Visitor
    Swap the sensors between the ports. Move that sensor from port 3 to port 1 and sensor in port 1 to port 3.

Did you leave the ports on auto detect?

New User
    How do I set them for auto detect? I never changed anything that I can recall

New User
    It looks like you helped me fix it. Even after running the task the port was set to leak sensor and not checked for enabled or auto or whatever. Guess the tasks cant be relied on when run.

Quote Originally Posted by Satava View Post
    It looks like you helped me fix it. Even after running the task the port was set to leak sensor and not checked for enabled or auto or whatever. Guess the tasks cant be relied on when run.
    If auto detect shows a leak sensor for the optical that means you either didn't plug it in all the way or you got a defective sensor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Wasn't set to auto even after running the task, the box was unchecked and it said floor sensor. I checked it and floor sensor didn't change, un checked, changed to optical manual, then checked auto and it stayed on optical and it's reading closed as expected now. I don't think the sensor is the problem so much as the software in this instance.

Frequent Visitor
    Auto Detect is enabled by default

New User
    Port 4 is exactly how port 3 looked when I figured out how to get into this page. It was not enabled by default and the "Task" to set up that port didn't enable or set it either. All it gave me was a few lines of code that I could have typed myself in 2 locations. This software glitch should be addressed instead of defended. Screenshot_20181129-121245_Apex Fusion.jpg