Thread: AFS Programming

Regular Vistor

AFS Programming

First time setting up AFS and this is a two part questions.

First, I thought I had everything set up correctly, however when FeedD finished, my power heads didn't come back on. Here is the code. vFeed is set to auto feed at noon every day as well as allow to trigger manual with FeedD. Return pump turns off (no issue here) and powerheads go to a profile that runs them at 15%. They turn back on properly under all other feed modes.

vFeed (virtual outlet)
    Set OFF
    If Time 12:00 to 12:08 Then ON
    If FeedD 000 Then ON

AutoFeeder
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then ON

Jebao_Left ( and Jebao_Right)
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If Output vPwrHdDelay = ON Then Feed_15
    If FeedC 000 Then Feed_35
    If Output vFeed = ON Then Feed_15

Second part: I have found that one drum rotation isn't enough. If I wanted to do two drum rotations with 30sec delay between them. How would I alter the code in the AutoFeeder as well a vFeed but still have the return pump remain off for the full 8 minutes?

TIA!

Are you using the wizard for the Jebaos and what you showed is just the advanced window? If not, you don't have anything to turn it on in your code.

The multiple rotations with a delay requires additional VOs. Add a minute to stopFeed to add another rotation. If FeedD is started exactly on 30 seconds after the start of a minute it will do one less rotation than expected but all other 59 seconds will work normally.

StartFeed
    Set OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

StopFeed
    Set OFF
    Defer 002:30 Then ON

AFS
    OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON
    If Output StartFeed = OFF Then OFF
    If Output StopFeed = ON Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    The jebao's are set up on a variable speed port so I have them on a schedule. I have one set to fallback on and one set to fallback off in the basic window. Should I add a Set ON to both at the beginning of the code or add If Output vFeed = OFF Then ON? Will that turn them back on to run the schedule?

I'll need a little help understanding the other part. Here's my understanding:

vFeed (virtual outlet)
    Set OFF
    If Time 12:00 to 12:08 Then ON (turns outlet on at 12:00 and off 8 minutes later)
    If FeedD 000 Then ON (If FeedD is initiated the outlet will turn on)

StartFeed
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON (This starts the feed mode but it is delayed for 1:00 which will give the water a chance to settle)
    Defer 001:00 Then ON (Once vFeed turns off, this outlet will revert back to the set off position)

StopFeed
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON(This will turn on with vFeed, but is delayed 2:30 which is 1:30 after StartFeed turns on giving me a minute and a half of feed time)

AFS
    OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON(not sure what the first set is saying, but is the next set saying delay 30 seconds followed by 30 second rotation for as long as power is supplied - 1.5 minutes equals two rotations?)
    If Output StartFeed = OFF Then OFF (I think this is saying that no power goes to AFS while startfeed is off which is it's set position so when startfeed is on, this will supply power to the AFS - is this correct?)
    If Output StopFeed = ON Then ON(Here's where I'm confused, my thinking would be when stopfeed is on, the AFS should be set to off) and once vFeed turns off, this outlet will revert back to the set off position

ReturnPump
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF (vFeed is on for 8 minutes so the pump will remain off for the entire 8 minutes)
    If Output vMaint = ON Then OFF

From there, I'm thinking Once vFeed shuts off:
    -The pump turns back on
    -StartFeed turns off which also ensures no power is sent to the AFS
    -StopFeed turns off

Quote Originally Posted by tdhight View Post
    The jebao's are set up on a variable speed port so I have them on a schedule. I have one set to fallback on and one set to fallback off in the basic window. Should I add a Set ON to both at the beginning of the code or add If Output vFeed = OFF Then ON? Will that turn them back on to run the schedule?

I'll need a little help understanding the other part. Here's my understanding:

vFeed (virtual outlet)
    Set OFF
    If Time 12:00 to 12:08 Then ON (turns outlet on at 12:00 and off 8 minutes later)
    If FeedD 000 Then ON (If FeedD is initiated the outlet will turn on)

StartFeed
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON (This starts the feed mode but it is delayed for 1:00 which will give the water a chance to settle)
    Defer 001:00 Then ON (Once vFeed turns off, this outlet will revert back to the set off position)

StopFeed
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON(This will turn on with vFeed, but is delayed 2:30 which is 1:30 after StartFeed turns on giving me a minute and a half of feed time)

AFS
    OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON(not sure what the first set is saying, but is the next set saying delay 30 seconds followed by 30 second rotation for as long as power is supplied - 1.5 minutes equals two rotations?)
    If Output StartFeed = OFF Then OFF (I think this is saying that no power goes to AFS while startfeed is off which is it's set position so when startfeed is on, this will supply power to the AFS - is this correct?)
    If Output StopFeed = ON Then ON(Here's where I'm confused, my thinking would be when stopfeed is on, the AFS should be set to off) and once vFeed turns off, this outlet will revert back to the set off position

ReturnPump
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF (vFeed is on for 8 minutes so the pump will remain off for the entire 8 minutes)
    If Output vMaint = ON Then OFF

From there, I'm thinking Once vFeed shuts off:
    -The pump turns back on
    -StartFeed turns off which also ensures no power is sent to the AFS
    -StopFeed turns off
    I wasn't paying enough attention and made a mistake on the AFS outlet itself. Corrected above. Should be ON Then OFF on stop feed.

The OSC says repeat a pattern of being off for 0 seconds, on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds and then repeat.

Regular Vistor
    Got it! I'm assuming the rest of my understanding is correct.

For the Jebao's on the variable speed port on a schedule-

Should I add a "Set ON" to both at the beginning of the code or add "If Output vFeed = OFF Then ON"? Will that turn them back on to run the schedule once the outlet turns off?

Got it! I'm assuming the rest of my understanding is correct.

For the Jebao's on the variable speed port on a schedule-

Should I add a "Set ON" to both at the beginning of the code or add "If Output vFeed = OFF Then ON"? Will that turn them back on to run the schedule once the outlet turns off?
    No. A set ON will override the schedule. Once vFeed is no longer true, you should see them return to TBL.

Regular Vistor
    TBL? They do that (return to normal) for the other feed modes but when I ran vFeed tonight by manually setting FeedD they stayed off once vFeed was no longer true. Can't figure out why

TBL? They do that (return to normal) for the other feed modes but when I ran vFeed tonight by manually setting FeedD they stayed off once vFeed was no longer true. Can't figure out why
    Tbl is what will be displayed on the outlet when it is running the wizard schedule if you are using the base unit ports. If using a VDM it will display the percentage instead of profile name.

Regular Vistor
    Ah, now I'm seeing that on the outlets. Well...I"m at a loss. They go to Feed_15 like they should then at exactly 2:15 into the feed they stop moving. (feed_15 is a ramp, 1 minute ramp time 20% start 20% finish). Once vFeed is off, they return to TBL but still don't turn back on to run the program. I know the ramp works because I use it with a delay in FeedB where they are off for 5 minutes then go to Feed_15 and at the end of FeeB they go back to normal operation.

I can't figure out what is shutting them down after 2:15 into FeedD. If I cancel the feed cycle, they come back on but not if the feed cycle runs it's full 8 minutes.

Regular Vistor
    Nope, I take that back. This time I canceled FeedD with 2.5 minutes left and the jebao's went back to TBL, but remained off until I turn them off, then back to Auto.

I just don't get why I use the same profile (different VO) with FeedB and all works just fine. I don't see anything in any code that would turn them 2 minutes into FeedD and then not have them come back on once they revert to TBL

Ah, now I'm seeing that on the outlets. Well...I"m at a loss. They go to Feed_15 like they should then at exactly 2:15 into the feed they stop moving. (feed_15 is a ramp, 1 minute ramp time 20% start 20% finish). Once vFeed is off, they return to TBL but still don't turn back on to run the program. I know the ramp works because I use it with a delay in FeedB where they are off for 5 minutes then go to Feed_15 and at the end of FeeB they go back to normal operation.

I can't figure out what is shutting them down after 2:15 into FeedD. If I cancel the feed cycle, they come back on but not if the feed cycle runs it's full 8 minutes.
    Try bumping the percentage to 25 or 30. Jebaos dont reliably run below 25 and some even require the percent be above 35 to reliably run.

Regular Vistor
    Apparently that was it. I noticed that at 15. Looks like at 20% it was intermittent. I just ran my 35% profile real quick and the first test seemed to work as it should. I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can get away with 25%. I guess sometimes it turns out to be the cheap equipment and not the code.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Try bumping the percentage to 25 or 30. Jebaos dont reliably run below 25 and some even require the percent be above 35 to reliably run.

Thanks for the help! Everything worked out perfectly. Looks like the magic number for the Jebao's is 35%. Looks like a set of Neptune WAV pumps are in my future and I'll use these for the back and bottom.