Thread: No power to outlets and red alert icon on dashboard

Regular Vistor

No power to outlets and red alert icon on dashboard

I've browsed through many posts here on the forum and found some similar issues, but I've tried all the "fixes" that I've found and I'm still stuck.

Here's my symptoms:

• After reboot (unplug and plug back in), sometimes 4 outlet lights come on and sometimes all 8 do
    • There's the red alert icon on the dashboard for the EB832
    • When I have something plugged into an outlet, that's set to "ON" (either automatically or manually), there's no power going to it (light,pump, etc. doesn't come on)
    • The dashboard tile for it reads zeros across the board

Here's what I've tried:

• Factory default the whole Apex, no improvement (twice now)
    • Try to update the EB832, even though it shows an "OK" for the status of the firmware. When I do this through a direct connection to the local IP of the Apex, I get an error that it can't communicate with the module. When I try it from Fusion, it says it completed successfully (and the rapid flashing logo light happens....so I think it's actually trying to update).
    • Tried swapping out the aquabus cables and when that didn't help, tried different ports on both the Apex and the EB832, still no improvement

I'm running out of ideas and figured I'd see if any of you folks had some wise, sage advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Waboss View Post
    I've browsed through many posts here on the forum and found some similar issues, but I've tried all the "fixes" that I've found and I'm still stuck.

• There's the red alert icon on the dashboard for the EB832
    • When I have something plugged into an outlet, that's set to "ON" (either automatically or manually), there's no power going to it (light,pump, etc. doesn't come on)
    • The dashboard tile for it reads zeros across the board

These three things indicate that the EB832 has no input power. Verify that the outlet the EB832 is plugged into has AC power. Also, verify the the little yellow circuit breaker button on the back of the EB832 is not popped out. There are pics of the circuit breaker button in the EB832 user guide (page 9) showing it normal and pooped out.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    These three things indicate that the EB832 has no input power. Verify that the outlet the EB832 is plugged into has AC power. Also, verify the the little yellow circuit breaker button on the back of the EB832 is not popped out. There are pics of the circuit breaker button in the EB832 user guide (page 9) showing it normal and pooped out.
    Thanks for jumping on here to try and help out Russ, much appreciated!

It is plugged into AC power, I even tried a couple of different wall outlets in case something was funky with my outlet behind my tank. I also checked the circuit breaker, it looks like it's not been tripped and even double checked trying to push it back in, it's in as far as it can go.
    20181201_205144.jpg

Regular Vistor
    Well, I heard back from support. Verified their questions (ensure it's on AC power, circuit breaker, etc.) and followed their firmware update instructions (the unplug everything then "jump start" the update half way through method). Which still didn't work (I had tried it before) but I decided to use my laptop and be right next to the Apex. So I was able to get it to "take" the update, while logged in locally, instead of getting the communication error I was getting (basically just count to 3 and plug in the aquabus cable......then the progress meter started moving and it showed a successful update).

That still hasn't fixed it, I updated support, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

New User
    Bump, I just had this happen to me today. I was going to do my normal water change and switched my fuge on so I can see, then headed to check the salinity of my water. Came back and nothing was on but all the Apex is on, nothing is popped and tried all the same steps you did. Following to see if any knows a fix. I20190815_155050.jpg20190815_155056.jpg

Why has this not been updated, is their a solution to this, does this mean its a bad energy bar, what. Reason I ask is this just happened again to someone else and no solutions are shown.

Frequent Visitor
    The same thing just happened to me yesterday the EB832 outlets are dead. aqua-bus, 1 link, 12 volt outlets still work...
    it's just about 2 years old. I guess I'm ordering a new one!!

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rpattek View Post
    The same thing just happened to me yesterday the EB832 outlets are dead. aqua-bus, 1 link, 12 volt outlets still work...
    it's just about 2 years old. I guess I'm ordering a new one!!
    Exact same thing just happened to me. 2 years and 3 months. Energy bars should last longer than 2 years. Even smart ones.

Frequent Visitor
    I guess I'll join in the fun. Same thing happened to me the other day after 2 years. Doing a water change and now no power even after trying everything support had said. No chance any water got on anything. All other functions work normally, but no relay sounds when I turn on the outlets. Also, my outlets 3&6 seem to be tied together somehow. If one is set on, their indicator lights both glow dimly, if they are both set on, their light are on full. Nothing output any power and all 3 statuses (VWA) are flatlined. There seems to be a rash of them.

I have an RMA from neptune, so I suppose I'll send it in rather then spending the bucks for a new one.

New User
    My EB832 No power to outlets and red alert icon on dashboard, when operating circuit breaker It turns on and off repeatedly and does not work properly, it's a bad, I live outside to USA

New User
    Everything screw-up with mine after 1 week...
    I cannot change any output either
    I did a reboot, unplug etc.. nothing to do
    IMG_1647.PNGIMG_1650.PNG
    IMG_1653.jpg