Thread: Override a tdata table temporarily

Regular Vistor

Override a tdata table temporarily

I have an application where I have two (tunze stream) pumps that run off the wizard tdata table all day.

However, when a specific condition occurs, (a switch is closed), I want to flip the pump to 100% for about 30 seconds, and then go back to wherever it should have been in the tdata table.

I'm kinda stumped as to how to do this. Is it possible? It seems like it should be, but I'm not familiar with the tdata stuff.

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    When you enter the advanced programming window, all the tdata info will be in there. Any commands you write in after the tdata stuff will override it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Regular Vistor
    I know how to add the code to the device.. the problem is I'm stumped as to what code to actually add that returns the programming to the tdata when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by garbled View Post
    I know how to add the code to the device.. the problem is I'm stumped as to what code to actually add that returns the programming to the tdata when it's done.
    None is needed. The If Switch statement will only override the tdata while it it true. If it’s not true then it has no effect and the tdata will be controlling the pump.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Is this a manually activated switch or are you reacting to something in the tank? The approach changes depending on which it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    So the idea is this. I'm building a surge device. When the water hits the top line, and activates the float switch, that means the surge is about to go off. The surge is on the right side of the tank. So for the next 30 seconds, I want to run the right tunze at 100%, and the left one at 30% or off, this way, the pumps kind of "boost" the surge. The thing is, when the switch is activated, it will very quickly become not-activated, because the surge bucket will start to drain, so it needs to remain in that mode for 30 seconds or so.

Hrmm.. maybe a virtual outlet?

[bucket]
    Set off
    fallback off
    if switch CLOSED then On
    defer 0:30 then OFF

And then put an if outlet bucket statement in the tunze code?

Frequent Visitor
    So the idea is this. I'm building a surge device. When the water hits the top line, and activates the float switch, that means the surge is about to go off. The surge is on the right side of the tank. So for the next 30 seconds, I want to run the right tunze at 100%, and the left one at 30% or off, this way, the pumps kind of "boost" the surge. The thing is, when the switch is activated, it will very quickly become not-activated, because the surge bucket will start to drain, so it needs to remain in that mode for 30 seconds or so.

[bucket]
    Set off
    fallback off
    if switch CLOSED then On

Yep.

[bucket]
    Set off
    fallback off
    if switch CLOSED then On

Yep. If you want it to run 30 seconds after the switch is no longer closed. Use min time if you want exactly 30 seconds. It may also be beneficial to add a when statement to lock that out in the event the switch sticks closed for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk