Thread: DOS and DDR Issue

Frequent Visitor

DOS and DDR Issue

So, for the last 2 weeks, I have been monitoring Apex fusion, and what looks to confirm the 2 part dosing I have set up, however, the DDR says I have 1500ml of Alk left, but the actual fluid is completely full. I am not sure how I did not catch this, but it has been like this for 2 weeks.

I used a profile like the instructions say, to do a test run, and I now see the issue. If I put the tubing directly into the fluid, no issues whatsoever, but when I connect the tubing to the quick connect on the DDR, it loses its suction and the pump just runs without pushing any fluid.

I have no idea what to do about this and would appreciate some feedback and thoughts on what is wrong. Thank you as always for the help.

Couple of thoughts. First, make sure that the hard plastic tube that goes down into the DDR container isn't broken or cracked at all. Second, make sure that the flexible tubing you insert into the fitting is cut perfectly square, inserted firmly all the way, and then pull the little collar up a bit and push the tubing in again. Check whether this is now secure by running the DOS and seeing if the fluid level climbs up and across the fitting. If so then flush the system to expel all bubbles. Something that I also do, although this is definitely not 'by the book', is to put a line of silicone caulk all around the connection between the fitting and the tubing to ensure an airtight seal.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Couple of thoughts. First, make sure that the hard plastic tube that goes down into the DDR container isn't broken or cracked at all. Second, make sure that the flexible tubing you insert into the fitting is cut perfectly square, inserted firmly all the way, and then pull the little collar up a bit and push the tubing in again. Check whether this is now secure by running the DOS and seeing if the fluid level climbs up and across the fitting. If so then flush the system to expel all bubbles. Something that I also do, although this is definitely not 'by the book', is to put a line of silicone caulk all around the connection between the fitting and the tubing to ensure an airtight seal.
    I will double check all of this, but what is weird is when I first calibrated it, I hooked it up with the quick connectors and everything worked fine.

Frequent Visitor
    Well, not sure if there is an issue with the hard plastic tube inside the DDR, but I assume that has to be the issue. The pumps are working, they system is recording as if the scheduled dosing is taking place, but in fact the liquid is simply not going through the hard plastic tube if I hook it up that way. I have just stuck the tubing in the liquid directly, and once that has been depleted, I will try and inspect the hard plastic tube, but of coarse I am not optimistic.