Thread: DOS pump quit running my profile

DOS pump quit running my profile

Hi, I use a DOS to feed my calcium reactor. I want to use both pumps so that the pump head speed will be as slow as possible to keep the noise level down, with the goal of keeping my intervals at exactly 60 seconds and my number of doses at 240 so that I could run a four hour profile, six times a day. I believe this will keep my DOS running as close to continuous as possible, without pushing it past its limits, and I created a spreadsheet that I believe will help me calculate the necessary DOS settings. Protecting the sheet will render only the yellow fields editable. I am posting it here, hoping that someone smarter than I will take the time to analyze my formulas and find any errors.

Column Q solves for the effluent flow in liters/day necessary to exactly replace the alkalinity used by the system, assuming that the effluent alkalinity is not affected by the proposed increase in effluent flow.

Column T solves for the effluent alkalinity necessary to exactly replace the alkalinity used by the system if the current DOS settings aren't changed.

I believe this will give me two ways to increase the alkalinity in my effluent, so I can pick the one that fits my needs best at the time.

Here's my DOS profile:

DOS Profile.jpg

Here's my DOS left pump head output configuration:

DOS Output Configuration.jpg

The right side is identical.

I set this up yesterday and it ran fine all day, but for some reason both heads stopped pumping at exactly midnight and did not pump at all today. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? The output log shows the DOS had power all day, and the pH was never below 8.

Also, can someone please tell me how to attach the spreadsheet? I clicked on the "Attachments" button above, but it tells me the file is invalid.

I would suggest changing your plethora of if time statements to.

OSC 000:00/239:59/000:01 Then profilename

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would suggest changing your plethora of if time statements to OSC 000:00/239:59/000:01 Then profilename
    Thank you, Zombie. That is a nice change. I like the cleaner look. I've done it, but it didn't resolve my issue. The pump still hasn't run the program since exactly midnight Saturday night. The pump shows power, the tank pH is above the cutoff limit, and both heads rotate when the manual feed buttons are pushed. Any ideas?

Also, I would like to upload the spreadsheet, but can't overcome the invalid file error. Are spreadsheet prohibited, or might there be a setting or version number restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by rlbannon View Post
    Thank you, Zombie. That is a nice change. I like the cleaner look. I've done it, but it didn't resolve my issue. The pump still hasn't run the program since exactly midnight Saturday night. The pump shows power, the tank pH is above the cutoff limit, and both heads rotate when the manual feed buttons are pushed. Any ideas?

Also, I would like to upload the spreadsheet, but can't overcome the invalid file error. Are spreadsheet prohibited, or might there be a setting or version number restriction?
    That should have resolved it. The issue you have before with the If time statements was that the profile never cycled off to restart it since effectively you were telling it to always be ON. You could try making the OSC be off for like 10 seconds instead of 1 and see if that helps.

XLS & XLXS files are not specifically prohibited; they just have not been allowed

There is method to that madness. Spreadsheets such as your's tend to evolve with fixes and other improvements, and if one is uploaded here, it becomes static. Use a file-sharing service such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Docs and share a public link. That way, the link always gives the clicker of that link the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That should have resolved it. The issue you have before with the If time statements was that the profile never cycled off to restart it since effectively you were telling it to always be ON. You could try making the OSC be off for like 10 seconds instead of 1 and see if that helps.
    As it turns out, it did resolve it, just not right away. It restarted at 16:00:19 hrs, almost an hour after I made the changes. I'm guessing it needed to wait for the start of a multiple of the OSC time block to begin ??

As it turns out, it did resolve it, just not right away. It restarted at 16:00:19 hrs, almost an hour after I made the changes. I'm guessing it needed to wait for the start of a multiple of the OSC time block to begin ??
    Yes. If you left it in AUTO during the change it would need to wait for the next off part of the OSC cycle to "refresh" the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin View Post
    XLS & XLXS files are not specifically prohibited; they just have not been allowed

There is method to that madness. Spreadsheets such as your's tend to evolve with fixes and other improvements, and if one is uploaded here, it becomes static. Use a file-sharing service such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Docs and share a public link. That way, the link always gives the clicker of that link the latest version.
    Since I hijacked my own thread with my DOS pump issue, is there a way to rename this thread "DOS pump quit running my profile" so I can start a new one with this thread's current title? I don't see a way to edit my original post any more and I don't want the spreadsheet link to be so far down the thread no one sees it. I also don't want to start a new thread with a duplicate title. That might be confusing.

Thread title changed as requested.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Moved on...
    I would go in and add intervals and make them as long as your wanting and how many ML you want to pump during each of them on this page here.

Screenshot 2018-12-31 at 08.53.30.jpg

How to detect DOS Malfuction

Hi all. I know this is kind of off topic, but I can't find a thread concerning detecting error on a DOS in terms of creating an email alert with the "If Error DOS-NSW_5_1 Then ON, and
    If Error DOS-OSW_5_2 Then ON" statements?

Do I need "WHEN" statements at the DOS pump heads end?

The WHEN statements seems to shut the DOS off for the stated WHEN time period instead of facilitating the IF ERROR statement at the email alert area.

Am I going totally wrong about detecting a DOS malfunction?
    When You're a NOOB, You need lots of help all the time

2mk, rather that knowingly hijacking a thread with an off-topic post, please just start a new thread in the most suitable sub-forum for the topic of your intended new post.

If Error is not supported for DOS at the module level, and the occasions when one would use When statement in a DOS program and a corresponding If Error statement referencing a DŌS pump are rare.... that could only be of use in unusual circumstances. You probably don't need (and should not use) When and If Error DŌS-name statements.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.