Thread: DOS not drawing

Frequent Visitor

Question DOS not drawing

Hi all, one of my pumps on the DOS is not drawing up the dosing fluid it starts to come up the lower part of the tube about 3 inches then drops back, i have checked the line for any blockage and a secure connection to the intake all seems fine, suggestions please.

Check for cracks in the tube and also make absolutely certain the compression connector is fully seated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you for your reply, i have checked the top connection is tight and there is no splits in the tube of which i did replace a few months ago, i also changed the tubing from the working side of the Dos, still no change, i tried putting the in tube in a cup of water and raised it above the Dos it did draw up the water and spewed it out from the outlet, but i noticed that there was also air bubbles coming through both the input and outlet tube even though the input end was submerged in the water,
    Could there be a minute hole in the tubing ? but the fact remains i swapped the tubing or is there a problem with the Dos head and it needs to be replaced although it is well under the stated operating period.

What kind of tubing did you replace with? If the wall thickness isn't thick enough you can't crank down the connector hard enough to seal the compression fitting.

Frequent Visitor
    I have used the proper Neptune systems tubing, i have tighten the connection, reluctant to over tighten it in case something gives

Quote Originally Posted by peepee View Post
    I have used the proper Neptune systems tubing, i have tighten the connection, reluctant to over tighten it in case something gives
    I would tighten as tight as you can by hand. As long as you don't use a wrench you wont break them.

Frequent Visitor
    I have cut back the tube at the junction of the connector to get a very tight fit over it and also tighten the connector by hand as much as possible, again the liquid starts to rise but falls back after 3inches, i think there must be something amiss with the pump head but not having ever taken it off i would not know what, with regard to the connector i have checked if it is split but if that were the case i would not be able to tighten it

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for all your help Zombie, I have ordered a replacement head as I cannot see it cannot be anything else after all other means has failed to fix the problem

Frequent Visitor
    replacement head received fitted and now DOS working perfectly.