Thread: Can you pass values from one profile to another?

New User

Can you pass values from one profile to another?

I would like to program my variable speed pump similar to this (values used are just to make reading easier):

From 8:00am to 10:00am, ramp up from 10% to 20% over 30 minutes, then stable for last 90 minutes.
    From 10:00am t0 12:00pm, ramp up from 20% to 30% over 30 minutes, then stable for 90 minutes.
    And so on for a few more steps. Then wanting to ramp down in a similar manner.

Do I need to have a separate profile for each stage of ramping up and down? Or can I have one Ramp up profile using x and y for the percentages, and have the var_speed outlet send the different values of x and y to it? Like using modules in computer code.

You need separate profiles. If you just want a constant value you can now type percentages in, but there are no modifiers or math in the apex.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can build a schedule like that using the wizard in APEX Fusion. No profiles needed at all.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I can get it to go, for example, from 20% to 30% instantaneously, but I haven't seen a way to have it ramp up slowly. I have the Apex Classic, if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchman View Post
    I can get it to go, for example, from 20% to 30% instantaneously, but I haven't seen a way to have it ramp up slowly. I have the Apex Classic, if that makes any difference.
    The wizard (wand icon) can be used to draw a schedule rather than use profiles if you don't need it to be reactive to certain events other than time. This feature is only available in Fusion if you are using the classic dashboard to program it now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I've been able to define points where the pump changes speed. For example, it's running at 20%, and then at a certain time it will increase to 30%. Which is how I have it programmed today. But as far as I can tell, it changes instantaneously, and does not ramp up between speeds. Unless I set a bunch of points increasing it at a small amount every few minutes. Am I missing something?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotchman View Post
    I've been able to define points where the pump changes speed. For example, it's running at 20%, and then at a certain time it will increase to 30%. Which is how I have it programmed today. But as far as I can tell, it changes instantaneously, and does not ramp up between speeds. Unless I set a bunch of points increasing it at a small amount every few minutes. Am I missing something?
    Ramping takes time. So if you are in the Wizard and you only have a second (or whatever the smallest increment (5 seconds?) is) between two points, it would essentially be immediate. If you have 5 minutes between the points, it will ramp from 20% to 30% in 5 minutes.