Thread: Calcium Reactor DOS Setting Calculator

Calcium Reactor DOS Setting Calculator

I use a DOS to feed my calcium reactor. I use both pumps so that the pump head speed will be as slow as possible to keep the noise level down, with the goal of keeping my intervals at exactly 60 seconds and my number of doses at 240 so that I could run a four hour profile, six times a day. I believe this will keep my DOS running as close to continuous as possible, without pushing it past its limits, and I created a spreadsheet that I believe will help me calculate the necessary DOS settings. Protecting the sheet will render only the yellow fields editable. This sheet makes its calculations based on these two settings and is not intended to calculate DOS settings based on other intervals or number of doses. I am posting it here, hoping that someone smarter than I will take the time to analyze my formulas and settings and find any errors. Please post comments or proposed changes to the thread.

Here is the spreadsheet link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol3o6eexqb...ator.xlsx?dl=1

Column Q solves for the effluent flow in liters/day necessary to exactly replace the alkalinity used by the system, assuming that the effluent alkalinity is not affected by the proposed increase in effluent flow.

Column T solves for the effluent alkalinity necessary to exactly replace the alkalinity used by the system if the current DOS settings aren't changed.

This should give me two ways to increase the alkalinity in my effluent, so I can pick the one that fits my needs best at the time.

Here's my DOS profile:

DOS Profile.jpg

And here is my modified DOS output configuration (thank you Zombie for the simplification):

DOS Output Configuration.jpg

PS: if this post looks familiar, it's because it is. I hijacked my own previous thread, so I started this one over.

I found a few mistakes. I added anchor symbols to the formulas in columns P to anchor cell D2, and V to anchor the cells in columns AA and AC. I also added an IF statement to the formula in column T to clean up the "#Value!" error that showed in that column when the formula was pasted into unused rows. Clicking the link above will get you the newest version.