Thread: Cant give any voice commands without re-enabling first

New User

Cant give any voice commands without re-enabling first

I have setup Alexa for the Apex Neptune 2016 based on the how-to video and it kind of works...
    All commands work fine, but for every single command i have to say the following command first:
    "Alexa, enable apex fusion"

What have I done wrong? I tried reinstalling both the echo dot 3 and the alexa app without success. I seem to be unable to find the option to disable voice commands on the apex itself.

Hope someone is capable to help.

New User
    Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

In order to figure out what's going on, I'll need you to first try to give the following command:

"Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report."

Once you've done that, do the following:

1. Log in to Amazon Alexa from a computer (Direct Link)
    2. Go to Settings > Alexa Account > History (Direct Link)
    3. Open the command that just failed
    4. Copy the URL of the failed command and post it here

The URL should look something like this: alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/dialogs/A22M1B8AA75EBT#1538153145756#A2IVLV5VM2W81#C0DFF22 6D66D479D986C6293F641B839

Amazon's support team has instructed me to collect as many examples of this happening as possible. Let me know if there are any issues.

New User
    Good afternoon,

I tried exactly what was suggested, sadly enough no result. It didn't answer.
    Tried it 2 ways, one fast sentence:
    https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/spa/index...90U50783955MS9

And also saying Alexa first and then the command:
    https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/spa/index...90U50783955MS9

Hope this helps.

I've passed along these examples to Amazon's support team. Once they respond, I'll update this thread.

Same problem here. Waiting on a solution.

Can you use the instructions above to post a few of your failure URLs?

I will try ang get to that later. It just worked for me without the intro but that was only the second time out of many many times that i have tried.
    Also i notice that the Apex skill does not show up under My Skills in the Amazon app. It does show it is linked though.

That’s really strange. Were you in the NSI beta program for the Alexa skill? You’ve tried removing the skill and re-adding it?

Regular Vistor
    Exact same problem here... It used to work but no longer. No beta program.

https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/spa/index...90LF11805511A1

New User

Alexa, ask Apex Fushion for status report

As of this post the above did work. In the past I would have to open Apex Fusion the start giving commands. Now works just right!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    In order to figure out what's going on, I'll need you to first try to give the following command:

"Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report."

Once you've done that, do the following:

1. Log in to Amazon Alexa from a computer (Direct Link)
    2. Go to Settings > Alexa Account > History (Direct Link)
    3. Open the command that just failed
    4. Copy the URL of the failed command and post it here

The URL should look something like this: alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/dialogs/A22M1B8AA75EBT#1538153145756#A2IVLV5VM2W81#C0DFF22 6D66D479D986C6293F641B839

Amazon's support team has instructed me to collect as many examples of this happening as possible. Let me know if there are any issues.

New User
    What did you do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by mmedeiros2 View Post
    Same problem here. Waiting on a solution.
    Is this still affecting you? If so, I need you to post failure URLs so I can provide them to Amazon support. There's nothing that the Neptune Systems dev team can do about this problem besides report it to Amazon. The failure point is completely outside of our control.

New User
    Would it help if we also file a ticket with Amazon Alexa Support?

Quote Originally Posted by rvelthuis View Post
    Would it help if we also file a ticket with Amazon Alexa Support?

I would definitely do that as well. The developer support team has been really slow to respond about this particular issue for some reason. The end-user support team might have better luck by looking directly at your account rather than our entire Apex Fusion skill as a whole.

New User
    I have created a post on their forum too, it might be helpful if other people experiencing this issue would join there.

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/d...-apex-commands

I have created a post on their forum too, it might be helpful if other people experiencing this issue would join there.

https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/d...-apex-commands

I don't think that's the right support channel. That forum user seems to be quite hostile!

You should create a ticket from this link: https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#help/email. If that link doesn't work, it's the "Help & Feedback" link from the main navigation menu in the Alexa app. That will create a private support ticket where the support team can dig into your account and determine what might be causing the problem.

New User
    Thx, i will post the result soon.

New User
    I did have chat contact with the people from Amazon.com. Sadly enough they were not able to help that well as my account is linked to Amazon.nl.
    Sadly enough the amazon.nl chat support is not available today. But i started trying things by myself. I ended up creating a totally new account on amazon.com. After this I inserted a US address and added the Apex Fusion skill and linking it.

This resulted in a full status report on the first try. However, since I do not live in the USA obviously, I decided to switch my location to the Netherlands again after it all worked. The result: It still works and the device location is The Netherlands (usefull if i want to know the weather without inhaling fresh air ;-)).

Hope this helps some other people too!

I did have chat contact with the people from Amazon.com. Sadly enough they were not able to help that well as my account is linked to Amazon.nl.
    Sadly enough the amazon.nl chat support is not available today. But i started trying things by myself. I ended up creating a totally new account on amazon.com. After this I inserted a US address and added the Apex Fusion skill and linking it.

This resulted in a full status report on the first try. However, since I do not live in the USA obviously, I decided to switch my location to the Netherlands again after it all worked. The result: It still works and the device location is The Netherlands (usefull if i want to know the weather without inhaling fresh air ;-)).

Hope this helps some other people too!
    So your account that was created on amazon.nl never ended up working, but the new account you made on amazon.com does? That definitely fits with the other stories about Netherland users having flaky experiences.

New User
    Yes, that did the trick.

New User
    I have the same issue. Basically, I can open the skill, give one command and thats it. I need to open the skill, listen (or interrupt) Alexa go through how great she is, then give the next command. a bit annoying. I just logged my issue using the links provided above

Quote Originally Posted by katansam View Post
    I have the same issue. Basically, I can open the skill, give one command and thats it. I need to open the skill, listen (or interrupt) Alexa go through how great she is, then give the next command. a bit annoying. I just logged my issue using the links provided above
    Can you post a recording of you issuing a command and the response that she gives? Also, try saying this phrase exactly and reporting back whether you get a good response or not: "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report."

Don’t “open” the skill. Invoke it by giving a directive or request in a single phrase. Examples:

Alexa, ask APEX Fusion for a status report.

Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to turn on feed mode A.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.