Thread: Telegraf input plugin.

New User

Lightbulb Telegraf input plugin.

Hi all,
    Setting up a new tank and already have quite a bit of home automation at home with an MQTT broker and InfluxDB for time series. So yeah, kind of a geek :P
    I'm interested in getting Apex data and using it in tandem with fusion to control home equipment, provide correlation and just geek out. Example use cases include:
    - Start A/C if tank temp is over X and the heater is off
    - Start house fan if PH is too high
    - Correlate PH with my co2 meter
    - etc.

I looked at various ways to do this and since Apex provides a local XML connection with all the data, I'm thinking about writing a telegraf input plugin. This would allow me to get all the raw data as time series in influxdb and real-time data streaming onto my MQTT broker. That way I can achieve all my goals without requiring the Neptune team to provide an API or make any changes.

So a few question for the community:
    - Is there something like this already out there I can use/contribute to instead of starting from scratch?
    - Is this other people might use? I also thought about creating an XML uploader client that sends data to a server, then create custom dispatch (MQTT, timeseries download, etc)

New User
    You can pull plaintext data via telnet and monitor your inputs, outputs and virtual outputs like that. I was actually working on a .NET app to do something similar recently but had to put it on pause til the holiday season is over.

I have played around with Xpath a little bit and that seems to be the easiest way to do it. I ended up giving up though because my goal was to create an auto updating parameter log in a Google doc and it exceeded the equation and computation time limit for Google.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Satava View Post
    You can pull plaintext data
    I'm trying to do the opposite and take the data and put it into a structured database I control so the rest of my automation can use it.

Telegraf input plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Satava View Post
    You can pull plaintext data via telnet and monitor your inputs, outputs and virtual outputs like that. I was actually working on a .NET app to do something similar recently but had to put it on pause til the holiday season is over.
    It's far better to use XML output from the Apex. telnet is for tech support/diagnostic purposes only; it is not intended as a user or machine interface.

The various XML output data is well-structured and easy to work with.. I've used both perl and PHP to pull & parse. XML is also anonymously accessible, so there's no need to deal with authentication.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I forgot to update this thread but this has been done.
    https://github.com/influxdata/telegr...s/neptune_apex