Thread: Why Does Apex on Alexa make me jump through so many hoops?

New User

Why Does Apex on Alexa make me jump through so many hoops?

I say Alexa, tell Apex feed cycle A - Alexa says You have Apex fusion installed. would you like to open it?

I say yes. Alexa says, Apex fusion Open, Some of the things you can ask me are... yada yada.

I stop her, and I say Alexa, tell Apex feed cycle A. Alexa says, I can't find feed cycle A.

I say Alexa, tell Apex feed cycle A, Alexa says, I can't find feed cycle A.

--- After three or four times, she finally does it.

Why all the hoops? Is the verification to open Apex fusion really necessary? By asking for it, I obviously want it loaded and why does it sometimes take three or four tries before she figures it out?

I don't have to tell Alexa to turn on my wink device and then turn off the main light. I just say Alexa, Turn off main light and it happens. Also, why can't she find the feed cycle? It's not like you can rename them. Maybe you can, but I have not.

Any suggestions? - Thanks, Guys - Love the ability, but just trying to hone in on what it is and isn't capable of.
    Every time someone guesses my password, I have to change my dog's name. He's starting to get a twitch.

Frequent Visitor
    Have you read the Alexa Sticky Thread on the Phrases? IE you need to say Alexa, ask Apex Fusion... https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...PEX-Fusion-FAQ

You also should have Aliases setup for things you plan on using, like feed cycles to make is more user friendly.

For example, I have an alias setup for my feed cycle "Feed the fish" so for me to activate Feed Cycle A, I say "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to Feed the Fish" and it activates feed cycle A. For me this is 100% reliable.

New User
    Interesting - For some reason, Alexa is misunderstanding me. Just figured out if I say feed cycle it doesn't work. If I say Feed A, it works. I don't think I have an accent but hey, whatever. How do you set up an Alias? Would be nice to use "feed the fish" for feed mode A or "tank maintenance" for feed D.
    Every time someone guesses my password, I have to change my dog's name. He's starting to get a twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Windlasher View Post
    How do you set up an Alias? Would be nice to use "feed the fish" for feed mode A or "tank maintenance" for feed D.
    Read the FAQ please. The last Q tells you where to go in APEX Fusion to learn about this.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Windlasher View Post
    I say Alexa, tell Apex feed cycle A - Alexa says You have Apex fusion installed. would you like to open it?

I say yes. Alexa says, Apex fusion Open, Some of the things you can ask me are... yada yada.
    The invocation phrase is “Apex Fusion”, not “Apex”.

Alexa, tell Apex Fusion...

Or

Alexa, ask Apex Fusion...
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Found it. Was doing it on my laptop and the options didn't show up but they do on my tablet. Strange - Thanks for the help