Thread: Setup DOS wizard with 2 intervals when lights on-High dose-lights off-Low dose?

Regular Vistor

Setup DOS wizard with 2 intervals when lights on-High dose-lights off-Low dose?

After testing of dkh throughout the day & night over many weeks, I see that approximately 3/4 of total daily dose of Alk demand occurs while my lights are on & approximately 1/4 of my total daily dose of Alk demand occurs while my lights are off.

I require approximately 36 ml of Alk total per day to maintain my dkh around 8.0 but this jumps up & down a lot throughout the day & night. In order to try and even this out more, I would like to program the DOS as follows:

Interval 1 lights off: Midnight to 4pm (16hrs); Dosage 9ml over 16 hours
    Interval 2 lights on: 4pm to Midnight (8 hrs); Dosage 27ml over 8 hours

I have read the Neptune DOS Setup instructions and the example program but find the example interval setup instructions confusing. Also it is not clear to me if the DOS wizard can be programmed exactly as I want and allow 2 different dosages to be set over different periods of time?

Can someone please help me?

Yes, it's easy to do that.

I am assuming that you have a single Interval defined. You can add another interval, but you can only add another interval *after* an existing one (not before an existing one); if the existing interval goes to 23:59, there's no room to add another. So, you might n4edd to modify the existing one.

Click the gear button for the existing interval, then choose Modify. Adjust it to cover 00:00 to 15:59 and adjust the volume to be dosed. Click OK. Then click the gear button again, and choose Add. Modify the new interval as needed.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Yes, it's easy to do that.

I am assuming that you have a single Interval defined. You can add another interval, but you can only add another interval *after* an existing one (not before an existing one); if the existing interval goes to 23:59, there's no room to add another. So, you might n4edd to modify the existing one.

Click the gear button for the existing interval, then choose Modify. Adjust it to cover 00:00 to 15:59 and adjust the volume to be dosed. Click OK. Then click the gear button again, and choose Add. Modify the new interval as needed.
    Thank you Russ! You must read minds since you knew that I had DOS previously programmed for just 1 interval of 36ml. Our instructions are clear and much appreciated.

Do do you agree with this strategy? Does it match your own?

Ron (Toronto Ontario CANADA)

I’ve been helping others in the forums for many years. I’m not telepathic or clairvoyant- just experienced at this game.

I personally don’t chase numbers. I prefer to keep dosing low & slow and look at the longer trend, the bigger picture. I focus on the overall average rather than the expected minor up and down changes in a day.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Ok understood. Just to say, I do really appreciate all your help. With you & many others, we benefit hugely. Thanks!