Thread: Programing power usage email question

Regular Vistor

Programing power usage email question

I like the idea of programing an alarm when my return pump watts drop below a certain level (I have an eb832), I was able to program this but found it annoying when I feed i get alerts since both my feed modes and maintenance modes I turn my return off. So is there a proper way to program alarms and not have then engage when feed modes are on? If Watts < X and feed a,b,c,d = off?

Thanks in advanced!

The watts and amps alarms are actually already suppressed when the outlet is off. The issue is that the alarm in the input tab only has a 10 second delay that is not user configurable and might not be long enough for your particular pump. The easiest way to fix your issue is to use a line in your email outlet instead and apply a 30 second defer then ON in there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The watts and amps alarms are actually already suppressed when the outlet is off. The issue is that the alarm in the input tab only has a 10 second delay that is not user configurable and might not be long enough for your particular pump. The easiest way to fix your issue is to use a line in your email outlet instead and apply a 30 second defer then ON in there.

Thanks for you reply, this makes sense, so I could just "defer 30 then ON" and be good, I will try this and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jstn View Post
    ...so I could just "defer 30 then ON" and be good
    Nope, that would defer for 30 minutes, not 30 seconds. The value in Defer (and Min Time) statements is in the format of MMM:SS (MMM is minutes, SS is seconds. So, you would use this for 30 seconds:

Defer 000:30 Then ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Nope, that would defer for 30 minutes, not 30 seconds. The value in Defer (and Min Time) statements is in the format of MMM:SS (MMM is minutes, SS is seconds. So, you would use this for 30 seconds:

Defer 000:30 Then ON

Oh ok cool, thanks for that !

Regular Vistor
    Hi guys again instead of starting a new thread I decided to update this thread; so the vectra seemed to stop triggering an alarm when the outlet is off so yay. Onto the new Alarm programming challenge, I was previously running a finnex titanium plugged into my eb832 and it would pull ~460 watts instantly, I have since added a finnex controller (set higher to 82f and I use my apex to keep my tank at 78.0-78.5, minimizing my apex cycles with out a major swing) for a safety measure. Upon turning on, the finnex pulls 5w for ~5 minutes before kicking the heater and pulling higher watts.. So every time it goes on it triggers my alarm for power usage (400<watt<500). I was planning on adding a defer statement as zombie stated (8 minutes should buy me enough time)but was wondering how to connect this to the heater only ?

would a if heater = on then defer 8:00 work or am I better just using a general statement and live with knowing my alrams will be deferred for 8 minutes ?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jstn View Post
    Hi guys again instead of starting a new thread I decided to update this thread; so the vectra seemed to stop triggering an alarm when the outlet is off so yay. Onto the new Alarm programming challenge, I was previously running a finnex titanium plugged into my eb832 and it would pull ~460 watts instantly, I have since added a finnex controller (set higher to 82f and I use my apex to keep my tank at 78.0-78.5, minimizing my apex cycles with out a major swing) for a safety measure. Upon turning on, the finnex pulls 5w for ~5 minutes before kicking the heater and pulling higher watts.. So every time it goes on it triggers my alarm for power usage (400<watt<500). I was planning on adding a defer statement as zombie stated (8 minutes should buy me enough time)but was wondering how to connect this to the heater only ?

would a if heater = on then defer 8:00 work or am I better just using a general statement and live with knowing my alrams will be deferred for 8 minutes ?

Thanks!
    You need a VO

HeatFail
    Set OFF
    If Output HeaterName Watts < X Then ON
    Defer 008:00 Then ON

Email
    (Existing)
    If Output HeatFail = ON Then ON

Regular Vistor
    Awesome, thank you!