Thread: Lighting programming not working

Regular Vistor

Lighting programming not working

I have 3 Mars Aqua LED lights daisy-chained and plugged into two outlets on EB8. I can control the lights manually through Fusion and Aquacontroller so I know I got the right outlets but the programming is not working. Here's my programming:

For the White Lights (to come on at 9AM and shut off at 9PM)
    Set OFF
    If Time 9:00 to 21:00 Then ON

Atinics:
    Set OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then ON

Something wrong in my programming?

Frequent Visitor
    Is there any other connection from the lights to the Apex other than the power outlets?

Power outlets only give you on/off control.

I’m not familiar with the Mars lights, are the white and blue lights on separate power supplies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lighting programming not working

Is it that they simply are not working, or perhaps is the issue that the lights are being turned on and off but not at the expected times?

You just joined the forum recently so I am going to make two assumptions based on that - its a new Apex system and that the Apex still has its default clock setting for the Pacific time zone.

If you have an Apex or Apex EL, use the Clock Task in APEX Fusion to easily set the clock correctly for your location out there in Atlanta.

If you have one of the older Apex Classic models, see this sticky: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post96567

Your profile here says you don’t have an Apex - please update that. The Apex model and your other Apex gear being listed in your user profile often helps other people here help you better.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    Is there any other connection from the lights to the Apex other than the power outlets?

Power outlets only give you on/off control.

I’m not familiar with the Mars lights, are the white and blue lights on separate power supplies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes, they are separate.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Is it that they simply are not working, or perhaps is the issue that the lights are being turned on and off but not at the expected times?

You just joined the forum recently so I am going to make two assumptions based on that - its a new Apex system and that the Apex still has its default clock setting for the Pacific time zone.

If you have an Apex or Apex EL, use the Clock Task in APEX Fusion to easily set the clock correctly for your location out there in Atlanta.

If you have one of the older Apex Classic models, see this sticky: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post96567

Your profile here says you don’t have an Apex - please update that. The Apex model and your other Apex gear being listed in your user profile often helps other people here help you better.
    I feel so stupid but this is exactly what it was. It was set to auto clock set but the time zone was set to -8 which is pacific time. I thought the Auto clock set would override that but I guess not.. Thank you!

Auto-Set enables the Apex to obtain very precise time from servers out on the Internet but all such servers give out GMT/UTC time. The time zone setting offsets that UTC time by x hours to display and use your actual local time. Your computers work the same way - they have a TZ setting as well.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.