Thread: WSK vs 2 WAVs

Frequent Visitor

WSK vs 2 WAVs

Any reason to buy kit rather than 2 separate WAVs if my plan is to power via the powerbar.? Over 100 more for the kit.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineGP View Post
    Any reason to buy kit rather than 2 separate WAVs if my plan is to power via the powerbar.? Over 100 more for the kit.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Well. You need a 1Link to power the WAVs. They do not plug directly into AC/DC socket. The $100 is for the 1Link.

Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    Well. You need a 1Link to power the WAVs. They do not plug directly into AC/DC socket. The $100 is for the 1Link.
    Not true if he has an EB832, which has the same 3 1Link port and 2 DC24 ports as a 1Link module.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

The only reason would be if you have other things you want to use 1link for that would result in more than 3 being used or if you want the 1link for redundancy so you don't lose both WAVs if the EB832 internal power supply fails (this is highly recommended if you use a Cor15 and 2 WAVs without any other flow sources)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Not true if he has an EB832, which has the same 3 1Link port and 2 DC24 ports as a 1Link module.
    IF.

“powerbar” gives me the impression the OP is not referring to an 832. He/she will chime in...

Frequent Visitor
    I am chiming in --- I am talking about the EB832 as being the power supply. Sorry for the initial post for being vague about this. From what I can see on the forum I can just plug the WAV units into it. But redundancy would be a good idea .....

PS I am not new to marine tanks -- but am new to controllers. Just setup a new Apex System with ATK for my 90 gallon mixed reef. After some research and my initial reaction to the Apex system, I plan on going "full APEX" with COR 15 and WAV pumps for circulation.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineGP View Post
    I am chiming in --- I am talking about the EB832 as being the power supply. Sorry for the initial post for being vague about this. From what I can see on the forum I can just plug the WAV units into it. But redundancy would be a good idea .....

PS I am not new to marine tanks -- but am new to controllers. Just setup a new Apex System with ATK for my 90 gallon mixed reef. After some research and my initial reaction to the Apex system, I plan on going "full APEX" with COR 15 and WAV pumps for circulation.
    Cool. I think you got your answers. Good luck.