Thread: ugh… lost connection to apex

Regular Vistor

Unhappy ugh… lost connection to apex

I was following the directions to install my Hydra 26, but somewhere in there, possibly because I switched from using my desktop computer, where I couldn't see the lights, to my iPhone where I had wireless connection (my apex unit is hardwired, but my AI lighting is Wi-Fi). Now, the unit seems to be working fine. I am assuming it still has its configuration, as the DOS is continuing as normal. But, I have no connection to the unit through the fusion interface.

Is there a way to reset the network settings, but not reset the entire device? I'd hate to start out at the beginning, setting up the unit again after a full factory reset.

Regular Vistor
    UPDATE: tried using one person's – literally the only person – method of restarting by holding down the reset button for one minute. It restarted and seems to be operating from factory settings. I can see it on my iPhone (under Wi-Fi), but still have no idea where to find my token. All the posts I've been reading suggest using the Apex display to find it, but I don't own it. I use my browser and went to the address Apex.local, but I couldn't connect (tried using: MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome). I tried using my iPhone and logging into the Apex's address under my Wi-Fi. Even then, I'm not sure where to get the token. Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor
    Go to www.neptunesystems.com

Then Support

Then Get Started

Select Apex

Run through the setup.

Linking instructions are in the next section .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regular Vistor
    thanks, that worked. I kept getting to my fusion account login, but not a set up where I could reset everything. Also, for some reason I needed to reset my apex one more time. Then it would talk to the phone and from there, I got it logged in. Thanks a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by boneless3vil View Post
    UPDATE: tried using one person's – literally the only person – method of restarting by holding down the reset button for one minute. It restarted and seems to be operating from factory settings. I can see it on my iPhone (under Wi-Fi), but still have no idea where to find my token. All the posts I've been reading suggest using the Apex display to find it, but I don't own it. I use my browser and went to the address Apex.local, but I couldn't connect (tried using: MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome). I tried using my iPhone and logging into the Apex's address under my Wi-Fi. Even then, I'm not sure where to get the token. Any help would be appreciated.
    There are three ways to properly reboot the apex.

1. Press and release the reset button. You don't need or want to hold it. Holding for about 5 seconds will put it in hotspot mode. Holding for 1 minute will factory reset.

2. Unplug the head unit from aquabus (and aux power if you have it) for 10 seconds and then plug back in

3. In the misc setup page on fusion or local (wrench icon) click reboot apex checkbox and then click upload.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk