Thread: New Set up - 71 ID's within Output Dashboard

New User

New Set up - 71 ID's within Output Dashboard

Good Afternoon,
    After configuring my new set up, i seem to have everything running as expected with a few considerations. The set up is an APEXEL with an EB328 plus an EB8. I used the out of the box configurations for the EB328 but when i go to configure the EB8 output settings, i am seeing a total of 71 ID's in the output dialog. Is this normal? and if so, how do i determine which outputs apply to the EB328 versus the EB8? or does it need to be refreshed? It just seems a little odd.ApexOutputDialog.JPG

Thanks, GP

Unplug the EB8 and go to the modules page. Delete all instances of EB8s. Verify all of the ghost outlets were removed and then plug it back in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    How to do i determine that EB8's instances? I am not seeing anything that specifically calls those out. But thank you for the guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by gmpolan View Post
    How to do i determine that EB8's instances? I am not seeing anything that specifically calls those out. But thank you for the guidance.
    It will say EB8 in type.

New User
    As seen above, there is nothing indicating the EB8 in the type column or dash.ApexDash.JPG

Go to the Modules page - that is where you see and manage modules such the EnergyBars
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

After looking closer at that dashboard screen shot, I'd like you to do this:

Reconnect the EB8 if you have disconnected it. Using the Module page, delete each listed EB832 in numerical order, starting with the EB832 at AquaBus address 2 (EB832_2). Do NOT disconnect the EB832 from the Apex. When you have deleted all EB832s listed, power down the whole system by unplugging the power cords for the EB832 and the EB8. Wait at least 30 seconds, then plug in ONLY the EB832. Wait at least another minute, then plug in the EB8. Wait another minute, then grab and post a screenshot of the Modules page. It would be best to use APEX Local for this rather than APEX Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Three points:
    1. I was finally able to delete each of the modules which was great in starting to configure but i am noticing that the apex unit continues to keep adding ghost modules back. Not sure why but this is concerning.

2. The eb8 continues to show as disconnected. Same for the controller. Not sure why...

3. I was able to connect to the apex.local initially upon setting up the wifi but have yet to be able to do so since that. I hit the page and it just has a blank apex spalsh screen.

Honestly so far, this controller is not easy to manage or configure so im starting to relate to a lot of feedback that ive heard. I dunno..just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by gmpolan View Post
    Three points:
    1. I was finally able to delete each of the modules which was great in starting to configure but i am noticing that the apex unit continues to keep adding ghost modules back. Not sure why but this is concerning.

2. The eb8 continues to show as disconnected. Same for the controller. Not sure why...

3. I was able to connect to the apex.local initially upon setting up the wifi but have yet to be able to do so since that. I hit the page and it just has a blank apex spalsh screen.

Honestly so far, this controller is not easy to manage or configure so im starting to relate to a lot of feedback that ive heard. I dunno..just my two cents.
    Contact support. This is an issue I have seen only a few times, but they can resolve it.