Thread: AFS, COR, WAVs and Skimmer sync

Regular Vistor

AFS, COR, WAVs and Skimmer sync

Hi. I want to set my pump and Skimmer to stop working when using feed cycles. This happens at cycle ‘A’ and the AFS comes on which is perfect but I want to set cycles ‘B’ to stop the Skimmer and pump for 10 minutes and for the AFS to come on too.
    I then want to have cycle D and E as maintenance modes of 20 and 40 minutes respectively, without the AFS kicking in.
    Also, within these modes to have the WAVs stop or significantly reduce flow would be great and for the sump heaters to stop would be useful whist flow has stopped. This is my current attempt to use cycle B which stops the CR and Skimmer:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then OFF and
    If FeedB 010 Then OFF

I don’t have a head for programming so thanks for being patient with me.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The timing on the feed timers is done in the Misc page, not in the code itself. Set those durations how long you want them to be and use 000 in the feed statement for most items. The number after the feed is how long after the feed ends the statement will be true for.

In things like the WAV or return put the Feed statements in (you can also use profiles for the WAV to slow them instead of stop them), but the skimmer should be done a little differently. This is what you skimmer code should be to start (make sure power monitor is disabled)

Skimmer
    Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If Output Returnname = OFF Then OFF
    If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Zombie. You mention a Misc page but this is lost on me, what / where is the misc page and how do you connect an instruction to the relevant hardware? Sorry but programming doesn’t flow well with me ��

Quote Originally Posted by dcb568 View Post
    Thanks Zombie. You mention a Misc page but this is lost on me, what / where is the misc page and how do you connect an instruction to the relevant hardware? Sorry but programming doesn’t flow well with me ��
    Wrench icon. That has intervals for each of the feed modes that define how long each feed will run for. Customize to your liking.

Regular Vistor
    Hi Zombi. Good morning.
    I have located the wrench and changed setting times (thank you). With the skimmer settings you sent, can you explain the last setting ‘to off’ as my current setting is:
    Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If Output ReturnPump = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 010:00 Then ON
    I like not stopping the WAVs but slowing them. How is that coded and is that in the WAV settings?
    Really grateful for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFS, COR, WAVs and Skimmer sync

Go to the Profiles page and pick any unused profile. Give us a suitable name such as WAV_Slow, change the profile type to WAV then chose the desired WAV mode and related settings for max intensity and such.

Then you use that profile in a program statement instead of On or OFF. Example:

If FeedB 000 Then WAV_Slow
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry am a bit dim.... what’s a profile page, where do I find it and how is it linked to the WAV?

Sorry am a bit dim.... what’s a profile page, where do I find it and how is it linked to the WAV?
    Folder icon. It's not linked to the WAV until you define the profile and call it out in the WAV advanced tab using what Russ recommended above.

Regular Vistor
    Okay, have found the advanced tab. The page is blank, no code. Do I simply insert - If FeedB 000 Then WAV_Slow’. As my feed is ‘A’ I assume the prefec is FeedA?

Okay, have found the advanced tab. The page is blank, no code. Do I simply insert - If FeedB 000 Then WAV_Slow’. As my feed is ‘A’ I assume the prefec is FeedA?
    Yes, but you have to name and setup the profile first or it will give you a syntax error.