Thread: Managing ATK through manual water change

New User

Managing ATK through manual water change

I have a biocube29 (all in 1, When I say "sump", I am referring to both the middle section and pump section of the back). I just setup an ATK with the sensors in the middle section, and it is working fantastic for auto-top-off. Finally my salinity is really stable as opposed to me just dumping half a gallon of water in once a day in the back. Awesome module. It is connected to my APEX; not standalone. Programming for the PMUP output is the standard programming from the ATK setup task.

I'm getting ready to do my first water change since installing it, which consists of turning the pumps off, siphoning out 5 gallons, and adding 5 gallons back. My question is, how do I manage the ATK throughout this process? When i turn off the pumps, the sump of the tank will backfill, rising above my high water sensor, then for an very short period of time until I can equalize it the water level will drop well below my low water sensor.

What do I do with the ATK during this time to prevent it from running the PMUP when it is below the sensor, as well as prevent it from sending me alarms when the sump backfills above the high sensor? Do I just change the PMUP output to OFF instead of AUTO, then set it back when I am done with the water change and the level is equalized at the low sensor?

New User
    Yes just set it to OFF in fusion and then back to Auto after you have done your tank maintenance

Set up a feed mode for your maintenance and add the feed line to everything you want off. Then just start the feed and everything is off with one button press.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Set up a feed mode for your maintenance and add the feed line to everything you want off. Then just start the feed and everything is off with one button press.

I like that, but I have issues getting my IceCap 1k gye to come back on. I run it around 25%-40%, and I find if I turn it off with a feed mode, when the feed mode shuts off the module just redlights and it will not drive the pump unless I switch the output for it to 100%, THEN it will come to life and I can switch it back to auto. It's a bit of a pain so i avoid it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Justintegra View Post
    I like that, but I have issues getting my IceCap 1k gye to come back on. I run it around 25%-40%, and I find if I turn it off with a feed mode, when the feed mode shuts off the module just redlights and it will not drive the pump unless I switch the output for it to 100%, THEN it will come to life and I can switch it back to auto. It's a bit of a pain so i avoid it, lol
    That can be done automatically.

Ex

(Existing code)
    If FeedA 001 Then ON
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF/profilename/percent