Thread: Ip camera help

New User

Ip camera help

I’m sure I’m just missing something but I have everything set up and the stream is viewable locally but not from the web..I think I have the port forwarding done but not sure..I’m using the ip webcam app on a Samsung note..I’m not real sure on what the url should be or if I have everything set right..any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Viewable locally with the direct embed URL or with the manufacturers app. If the former, then did you actually use your WAN ip address or DDNS server name and port in the url field? If the latter, you need to dig to find the direct URL and get that viewable first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    I can view it from any device on my local network

New User
    That’s probably what I need I have the ip address to view locally and have the port number but I have no idea what I even need to know to find the url

Quote Originally Posted by Billyjack83 View Post
    I can view it from any device on my local network

With the direct URL or with the manufacturers app or web browser?

New User
    Thru the web browser..it will even appear in fusion but as soon as I’m off my home network it’s gone..ip address and port number provided by the app I’m using 192.168.0.107:8080

Thru the web browser..it will even appear in fusion but as soon as I’m off my home network it’s gone..ip address and port number provided by the app I’m using 192.168.0.107:8080

Three things.

1. Check out the web (ispyconnect is often right) to figure out what you need to add at the end to get the mjpeg stream only and how to integrate username and password so it doesn't make you log in every time.

2. Make sure your forwarded port is not 80 or 8080 when you set that up in your router. The internal can be those, but the external should not.

3. When viewing externally you need to use your WAN ip address for your home not the local ip of your camera. You can find this out with Google, ip chicken, what's my ip etc. but it will change from time to time (power outages, ISP modem updates, regular lease updates). The only way to reliably get to it remotely is to also set up a dynamic DNS for your home IP address, which automatically "registers" your WAN ip address to a domain name.

New User

Ip camera help

Yeah I’m totally lost..the IP address that I did the port foward on is the one the app said it was using along with the port..I have no clue what address needs to be forwarded or what port..there is no username and password

Yeah I’m totally lost..the IP address that I did the port foward on is the one the app said it was using along with the port..I have no clue what address needs to be forwarded or what port..there is no username and password

You will forward 192.168.0.107:8080 to another 4 digit number (pick something between 1025 and 5000 that is easy to remember) in your router. How to do so varies a lot between routers, so you will need to Google how to do it on your router if you are unsure. Some routers require the internal and external port to match, and if that is the case you also have to change the http port on the camera itself.

You will need to add something to the end of that ip address and port but it will depend on the camera. One of my cameras is 192.168.1.111/video/mjpeg.cgi locally and myDNSname.com:1234/video/mjpeg.cgi remotely. Mine also require a username and password in these URLs too or I have to log in to view the stream.

New User

Ip camera help

Ok I have the camera viewable in Ipsy and attached is a screen shot of the port forwarding page do I need to create an account for I spy?

Ok I have the camera viewable in Ipsy and attached is a screen shot of the port forwarding page do I need to create an account for I spy?

You don't need an ispy account. For example on this page for dlink https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=D-link if you scroll down you find the model number for you camera and it tells you what to add at the end (it's not always right, sometimes there are more than one entry, and sometimes what they show for a different model number is what you actually need for yours. A lot of trial and error to find the right one)

Your router doesn't support forwarding a different external port than the internal one. You will need to change the port in the camera itself to something between 1025 and 5000 and then forward that number in the start and end port.

New User
    The camera is a smartphone with an ip camera app installed..I really appreciate all the help

New User
    I finally made sense of everything and got it figured out..I really appreciate your time and help..now I need to setup the ddns.