Thread: Flow sensor fs100

Frequent Visitor

Flow sensor fs100

Where do you put the flow sensor?
    1. After the return pump to the tank?
      1. If after the pump do you need 2 flow sensors if the return pump is T to the tank?
      2. What about head pressure?

2. Or the drain line (from the tank).

Thanks

The flow is the same at any point in the piping of the return. However, for a few inches past the pump or a bend, there is some turbulence that can cause a little bit of error in the measurement. To counteract this, the best place to put your flow sensor is on your longest straight piece of piping that is unlikely to be splashed and easily accessed for cleaning.

A flow sensor on a drain is wildly inaccurate because of the amount of air mixed with the water. There is also the issue of adding any device on a drain that can be easily clogged. If you choose to install one on a drain, clean it very regularly and understand that the value is much higher than what is actually flowing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, Zombie as always. So as I understand place it in either The A or B location in the diagram? Which one?

If in the A position since its longer than B, won't the flow be different? Or it doesn't matter? Also, won't the flow be 1/2 if I'm going from a 1" to a T and pushing the water flow to the left & right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTalbott View Post
    Thanks, Zombie as always. So as I understand place it in either The A or B location in the diagram? Which one?

If in the A position since its longer than B, won't the flow be different? Or it doesn't matter? Also, won't the flow be 1/2 if I'm going from a 1" to a T and pushing the water flow to the left & right?
    Since you have a split, you either need to have a flow sensor in both A and B positions and sum their flow to get a total (manually. The apex can't add) or do a single one where your ball valve is now. The ball valve would need to be relocated to the vertical rise above the pump since a ball valve handles splashing better than a flow sensor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you & understood.